GDT: HFBoards GDT 4/21/21 | 4 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Meh, Habs were the more desperate team as they try to hold onto the last playoff spot.

McDavid slightly improves his outside shot at 100 points with another 3 point game.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Absolute beauty of a game, second best of the year behind the previous game between these two teams
You’re kidding I hope. Outside of Edm almost coming back at the end, that was the worst officiated game in a long time. Montreal cross checked and tripped up Edm so much I lost count after a while. It sucked all the excitement out of the game because of how bad the reffing was.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Call me a whiner, but that was by far the worst officiated game I have seen in 25 years

MTL is lucky they had that nice french ref. 2 goals against while we should have still been on a PP lol

The worst non call in the game was Draisaitl elbowing Weber in the head

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Drai looked liked he borderline left the ice on that hit
which is different than any other weber/danault/Anderson hit tonight? thats been fine all game until it wasn't. I'm fine with that hockey just keep it consistant it was a 5v5 battle that turned into a special team battle for the last 8 minutes out of nowhere

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Call me a whiner, but that was by far the worst officiated game I have seen in 25 years

MTL is lucky they had that nice french ref. 2 goals against while we should have still been on a PP lol
You sound like the kind of people who say that a couple of times every season.

Both teams got away with a lot. McDavid attempted several cheapshots all game, for instance, before he got penalized. You could point out missed calls back and forth for both teams. What you're expressing is nothing short of confirmation bias.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Hilarious how @tawheed is quiet tonight.

Love easily beating this one man team. Not two man because it’s clear all Draisaitl is capable of doing is wait for one-timers on the PP. Habs D just destroyed him all night.

What a pushover team. Easy playoff victory for anyone in this division.

Draisaitl and McDavid are better than any Habs forward.

Who's the best MTL forward- old man Perry? Nick Suzuki? The overpaid Josh Anderson?

97/71 are scary good. Not one MTL forward is scary good.

The Habs think they can basically win in the playoffs because tight checking > starless roster.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You sound like the kind of people who say that a couple of times every season.

Both teams got away with a lot. McDavid attempted several cheapshots all game, for instance, before he got penalized. You could point out missed calls back and forth for both teams. What you're expressing is nothing short of confirmation bias.

Don’t even try. Well reffed game minus the phantom Allen “trip”. That’s what playoff hockey is. Maybe their fanbase forgot.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019

Reffing was absolute dog shit, but the sad thing is that the game this year where we played them and lost in OT was even worse. It boggles my mind that some of these guys are NHL refs. The Perry flop and the penalty to drai was just ridiculous on top of a dozen missed calls. Specifically obvious trips.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Don’t even try. Well reffed game minus the phantom Allen “trip”. That’s what playoff hockey is. Maybe their fanbase forgot.

So that's why Bergevin thinks he doesn't need to sign a gamebreaker- because it's Playoff hockey!

Who needs Laine or Hall? They're built for tight checking playoff hockey!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
McDavid with another 3 points. 6 in the last 2 and up to 77 now. Creeping closer (slim chance) to 100 points.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
The Oilers and Leafs both dont know how to play in a way where you walk the line officiating wise because you know what the refs will and won't let go.

It's a very veteran approach and can wear on talented teams.

It definitely scares me sometimes but it's an important skill to perfect because in playoffs the game is called tighter.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well you know if the Oilers had a better record than 2-5-0 against the Habs...

Sounds like you don't want to play them in the playoffs!

They don’t want to play anyone. Leafs, Jets and Habs will destroy them. Or are we supposed to be intimidated by 39 year old Mike Smith? He wasn’t even good in his prime.

Reactions: Canadienna

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Reffing was absolute dog shit, but the sad thing is that the game this year where we played them and lost in OT was even worse. It boggles my mind that some of these guys are NHL refs. The Perry flop and the penalty to drai was just ridiculous on top of a dozen missed calls. Specifically obvious trips.
McDavid could have had a handfull of elbowing penalties in this game, for sure.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013

Your a whiner, complaining about refs in a a game like this is real beta energy

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Oilers and Leafs both dont know how to play in a way where you walk the line officiating wise because you know what the refs will and won't let go.

It's a very veteran approach and can wear on talented teams.

It definitely scares me sometimes but it's an important skill to perfect because in playoffs the game is called tighter.

As we saw last year with MTL vs PIT...... it's why Bergevin is committed to his roster of no gamebreakers because he thinks if game are officiated like this, you don't need a superstar player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad