GDT: HFBoards GDT | 4/1/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Lol, such a cute take.
I might be way off. Just looking at a game by game attendance. Can you point me to the real one? Obviously the one I’m looking at is incorrect. All I see is islanders fans flocking to watch Tavares. Not other teams or players by my research. Thanks for directing me to the REAL attendance figures in advance

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Funny how Tavares is STILL the only player that can fill the stands in Long Island.

That average attendance is putrid for a metro population of like 30 million people. They seriously can’t find 18,000 hockey fans in a group of 30 million people?

Hey man, they sold out 13 of 21 games at their preferred arena! Show them some respect!

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
You’re probably mad because it’s true..

Yeah, I was just punching kittens after that sizzling hot taek.

giphy.gif

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Hey man, they sold out 13 of 21 games at their preferred arena! Show them some respect!
Prior to this season, the reason for bottom of the barell attendance in Long Island was “we have a bad team”. What are the excuses for only having a very small handful of sell out crowds this season and being on par with the Arizona’s and Florida’s of the league? (granted the islanders have a much larger population than these teams, so some credit to Arizona and Florida and less credit to New York in this case)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I might be way off. Just looking at a game by game attendance. Can you point me to the real one? Obviously the one I’m looking at is incorrect. All I see is islanders fans flocking to watch Tavares. Not other teams or players by my research. Thanks for directing me to the REAL attendance figures in advance

Wait, why would you expect a high attendance this year when their captain left last summer and they weren't expecting a good season?

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Prior to this season, the reason for bottom of the barell attendance in Long Island was “we have a bad team”. What are the excuses for only having a very small handful of sell out crowds this season and being on par with the Arizona’s and Florida’s of the league? (granted the islanders have a much larger population than these teams, so some credit to Arizona and Florida and less credit to New York in this case)

giphy.gif

Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Nets, Giants, Jets, Islanders, Rangers, and Devils. Keep using alternative facts though.

Edit: Also would have 14k screaming fans then 20k fans but only 5k of them not wearing suits.

Reactions: theblackadder

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Wait, why would you expect a high attendance this year when their captain left last summer and they weren't expecting a good season?
How about after the first 15 games when it was clear they weren’t “a bad team”???

Why is the attendance still so low when you have a pool of about 30 million potential fans in the metro area??

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
How about after the first 15 games when it was clear they weren’t “a bad team”???

Why is the attendance still so low when you have a pool of about 30 million potential fans in the metro area??

The leafs had constant sell out crowds all through their terrible seasons. Real fans, as some would call them

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
giphy.gif

Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Nets, Giants, Jets, Islanders, Rangers, and Devils. Keep using alternative facts though.
So the islanders are an after thought in New York? Man, I knew it was bad, but I didn’t realize it was bad enough that New York Jets fans and Mets fans literally didn’t know the Islanders existed after football and baseball season ended. Sorry to hear that. I honestly didn’t know it was that dire on the island.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I don't get how low attendance is an indictment on the fans the team actually has. Low attendance doesn't make the fans they do have "bad fans" it means they don't have enough of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad