Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Monday, April 1, 2019

Clinching and Elimination Scenarios for 1st April

:leafsWill Clinch a playoff spot if EITHER of the following happen:
1) Toronto defeat the New York Islanders.
2) Toronto lose to the New York Islanders in OT or a shootout.
Clinched
:edmontonWill be Eliminated if ANY of the following happen:
1) Edmonton lose to Vegas
2) Colorado beat St Louis
3) Colorado lose to St Louis in OT or a shootout
Eliminated
:hawksWill be Eliminated if EITHER of the following happen:
1) Chicago lose to Winnipeg AND Colorado beat St Louis
2) Chicago lose to Winnipeg in regulation and Colorado lose to St Louis in OT or a shootout.
Technically Still Alive.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Should be interesting to see if the Islanders fans get anywhere close to the last time Tavares showed up in terms of chanting

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I expect to see the Flames scratch some players who would normally play.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Should be interesting to see if the Islanders fans get anywhere close to the last time Tavares showed up in terms of chanting

Didn't realize the Leafs had to go back to Nassau this season. This is probably the last thing they need as they try to turn it around to close out the regular season.

However, it could be a really galvanizing game that helps them get ready for starting in Boston.:dunno:

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
After all the complaining there was about the Leafs having to play Boston in the R1, here would be the East matchups if the Caps and Islanders win tonight.

1v8 Tampa/Canes
2v7 Caps/Jackets
3v5 Boston/Leafs
4v6 Islanders/Pens

And the Pens are currently tied with the Leafs having played an extra game. So pretty much exactly what people wanted aside from 1v3/2v4 in R2.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
here would be the East matchups if the Caps and Islanders win tonight.

2v7 Caps/Jackets
4v6 Islanders/Pens

Islanders play the Caps the last game of the season so if the Islanders win that game in regulation plus gain 2 more points elsewhere they would win the division. Hypothetically say Both Islanders cand Caps win tonight, but the Caps lose their last 2 games in regulation and Islanders win both then Islanders win the division.

I could also point out how the 2 wild card spots could go a few different ways(between 3 teams)

Only thing set in stone right now is Tampa #1, Boston #2 and in the Case of the Leafs it would be a miracle if they don't finish 3rd

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I don't think it will be as hostile as last time, but who knows. Should still be a great atmosphere tonight though. I will be in attendance

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Islanders play the Caps the last game of the season so if the Islanders win that game in regulation plus gain 2 more points elsewhere they would win the division. Hypothetically say Both Islanders cand Caps win tonight, but the Caps lose their last 2 games in regulation and Islanders win both then Islanders win the division.

I could also point out how the 2 wild card spots could go a few different ways(between 3 teams)

Only thing set in stone right now is Tampa #1, Boston #2 and in the Case of the Leafs it would be a miracle if they don't finish 3rd

Those would just be the matchups based on the standings in the morning. Obviously there could be movement. The point was that there was a lot of complaining about the current playoff format and how the 2nd/3rd best records in the East were gonna play 1st round. I was just pointing out that it hasn’t played out that way.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Last I heard it wasn't sold oput, so while there will be chants, I doubt it will be the same unless they pump the volume for TV.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
After all the complaining there was about the Leafs having to play Boston in the R1, here would be the East matchups if the Caps and Islanders win tonight.

1v8 Tampa/Canes
2v7 Caps/Jackets
3v5 Boston/Leafs
4v6 Islanders/Pens

And the Pens are currently tied with the Leafs having played an extra game. So pretty much exactly what people wanted aside from 1v3/2v4 in R2.

And if the Leafs win they still play Boston, thats the issue people have. No matter what happens, the Leafs and Boston play.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Last I heard it wasn't sold oput, so while there will be chants, I doubt it will be the same unless they pump the volume for TV.
It's sold out -- or essentially so as there were less than 50 tickets left at the box office. All that's otherwise left are broker seats, and seats from STHs looking to see if they can make a killing in the secondary market, but will be there otherwise. Expect the barn to be rocking.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

My guess is he will be booed whenever on the ice but we won't get the random chants out of nowhere

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale

almost all are verified resale. Most of the non-resale available tickets are single seat or last 2 rows of nose bleeds.

GEemOxm.png

Reactions: sabremike

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
Mostly broker seats. What's left from the box office is largely obstructed/limited view. That will all be gone by game time. Sorry to disappoint, but if it's not officially sold out, they'll only be a handful of seats short. Either way, it's going to be as electric, or at least close enough to not make a difference, as last time.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I don't think it will be as hostile as last time, but who knows. Should still be a great atmosphere tonight though. I will be in attendance

hostile enough to where it seems Muzzin has the Long Island Flu tonight.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Flames resting their entire top 4 d corps. That speaks very well of their depth that they can do that and still ice an NHL lineup

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Mostly broker seats. What's left from the box office is largely obstructed/limited view. That will all be gone by game time. Sorry to disappoint, but if it's not officially sold out, they'll only be a handful of seats short. Either way, it's going to be as electric, or at least close enough to not make a difference, as last time.

No disappointment. I hope it sells out the more teams that sell out the better for the league. I wish they could sell out all the other non-Leafs games too.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
almost all are verified resale. Most of the non-resale available tickets are single seat or last 2 rows of nose bleeds.

GEemOxm.png

There seems to be a few hundred standard or limited view non-reseller tickets available, which is less than it sounded this morning. It should be a great game.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
No disappointment. I hope it sells out the more teams that sell out the better for the league. I wish they could sell out all the other non-Leafs games too.
They are doing fine in that regard at Nassau -- 13 of 21 so far (everything but weekday/out-of-conference games) -- but thanks for your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad