GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/6/21 - It's Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Gutsy comeback win.

McDavid was fantastic defensively this game before exploding with 3 points.

I thought the Oilers outplayed the Flames in the 2nd and 3rd.

Entertaining game.

Reactions: Devonator

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Games like this just show that the Flames are really at least one big offensive weapon away from being more than kind of an average team.
The problem is its hard to find it.

Flames middle six play better than their top line game in and game out. You add stars to that it's deadly.

Add solid middle players to Edmonton and it helps as well

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Good win for the Oilers, that's what happens when you have superstar power.

Flames fans shouldn't feel too bad - no points but the players looked like they gave a shit tonight.

No, just one line.

That was a physical game, fans would have been going bonkers at that game.

Vancity96

Apr 13, 2014
Can't say too much about the entire season, but Erik Karlsson's skating and passing has been fantastic this game.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Good win for the Oilers, that's what happens when you have superstar power.

Flames fans shouldn't feel too bad - no points but the players looked like they gave a shit tonight.

No, just one line.
I remember looking for moral victories.

Aug 3, 2010
That was a physical game, fans would have been going bonkers at that game.
Honestly, I think the Sutter hire will be good not just for Calgary but for hockey. Those games were some of the best rivalry games because he knows how to bring intensity. If this was the game Calgary plays with "his influence" behind the bench, I can't wait to see how they perform once he's actually there.

I remember looking for moral victories.
I mean, they literally just fired their head coach. Did you think they did that because it was fun to sack someone for the hell of it?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Good game Connor enjoy those points until you face the Leafs again, they have your number.
I mean the last 3 games sure...but how many GOTY candidates has he had undressing the entire Leafs team? recency bias is a thing...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Honestly, I think the Sutter hire will be good not just for Calgary but for hockey. Those games were some of the best rivalry games because he knows how to bring intensity. If this was the game Calgary plays with "his influence" behind the bench, I can't wait to see how they perform once he's actually there.
Hopefully we get back to having fans back for these rivalry games sooner rather than later.

The atmosphere is incredible when 2 teams hate each other.

Reactions: Devonator

trv

Nov 4, 2014
Didsbury
Great game, nice shot by McDavid. Could have went either way. Looking forward to the next BOA

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hopefully we get back to having fans back for these rivalry games sooner rather than later.

The atmosphere is incredible when 2 teams hate each other.

You can even just feel it pregame in the buildings. It’s just a very intense rivalry when the teams are competitive and they have the genuine hate on the ice that these two teams have right now.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Except the 90% of the time it isn't. Looked like a routine hit to me.

Overall that was a pretty decent hockey game. Least I can say the Flames effort was there. Lottery pick is going to do that once and a while.
Well just about every hit Tkachuk throws involves him leaving his feet so with 6 hits for the game the math just about checks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad