Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
too bad advanced stats mean absolutely nothing, morale victory for winning the imaginary numbers game?

translation- Canucks got outeverythinged but Demko did what he did vs Vegas last year. I.e. give him all 3 stars of the game

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
translation- Canucks got outeverythinged but Demko did what he did vs Vegas last year. I.e. give him all 3 stars of the game
Truth, but advanced stats are still garbage. Awards aren’t given out based on fictitious numbers

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
Truth, but advanced stats are still garbage
i6JLxNt.png

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
Why are you quoting advanced stats? The second Oilers-Leafs game... Oilers had the same xGF but they lost 3-0

Toronto Maple Leafs @ Edmonton Oilers, 2021-03-01

Heck Oilers dominated 5v5 Corsi in all 3 games but got soundly beaten.
Yeah but apparently they are irrelevant when the leafs win. In other words, leafs got the xGF win tonight and continue their winning streak.

Reactions: voxel

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Are the Islanders THIS good or are they just benefitting from playing in a weak division?

feels like Long Island has played Buffalo 10 times

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
calgary shut out the Leafs a week ago and then got swept in a two game series at Ottawa in embarrassing fashion.

To quote John Forslund- “That’s Hockey Baby”
Yeah, it is not the first game we lost and it won't be the last game we will lose. Canucks get credit for their win.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
LOL at the idea the Leafs dominated this game. The most 'dominating' stretch of the game was the start of the 3rd when the Canucks were all over the Leafs - and made it 3-1.

Between Demko & the Canucks tightening things up, the Leafs weren't pouring on the chances.

They did have a few good chances they could've scored on - and Demko made some good stops - but the Canucks still earned the win.

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
LOL at the idea the Leafs dominated this game. The most 'dominating' stretch of the game was the start of the 3rd when the Canucks were all over the Leafs - and made it 3-1.

Between Demko & the Canucks tightening things up, the Leafs weren't pouring on the chances.

They did have a few good chances they could've scored on - and Demko made some good stops - but the Canucks still earned the win.
Leafs easily should have won all their games this year. Ran into some hot goalies but that's about it.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs easily should have won all their games this year. Ran into some hot goalies but that's about it.
Again, I agree with you that the Leafs have had a good start, but you have to give credit where it is due. The Leafs, like all teams, are not perfect. They are still a work in progress.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Of course. In-fact we should just hand them the cup now & save the hassle of actually playing the games.

They are so out of this league, I'm sure they'll go 16-0 in the playoffs anyways, so whats the point?

heck, why not just hand Vancouver the Cup? They’ll go 16-0 because Demko is a playoff god

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Jeez, are people talking smack about beating the Leafs on a back to back against their third string goalie who also had a terrible game?

To be fair, the Canucks are a much better team than the Oilers. I think the Leafs win this against the Oilers.

Last edited:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
heck, why not just hand Vancouver the Cup? They’ll go 16-0 because Demko is a playoff god

I wish. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Seriously though, the Leafs are a good offensive team (good team in general), and good offensive teams get chances, doesn't always mean they deserved to win.

Canucks came in without their best player & played well. They were pretty tight defensively for the most part, and generated their share of chances/possession too.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Jeez, are people talking smack about beating the Leafs on a back to back against their third string goalie?

To be fair, the Canucks are a much better team than the Oilers. I think the Leafs win this against the Oilers.

Not talking smack. Just stating the Canucks played pretty well - w/o their best player - and deserved to win the game?

Granted the Leafs were coming off B2B's, but their bread & butter is pouring on offensive chances at will.. and the Canucks were able to tighten up pretty well - much better than the last series these teams played.

ECYCLE

Dec 19, 2011
Jeez, are people talking smack about beating the Leafs on a back to back against their third string goalie who also had a terrible game?

Gotta let Canuck fans live it up as much as they can, since they won't get to much this season. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad