GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/4/21 - Two snips, that's twice the work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Of course. In-fact we should just hand them the cup now & save the hassle of actually playing the games.

They are so out of this league, I'm sure they'll go 16-0 in the playoffs anyways, so whats the point?
Nah, playing the games is not a hassle at all. It is not quite half way through the season, why would you want to give the cup to any team?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Not talking smack. Just stating the Canucks played pretty well - w/o their best player - and deserved to win the game?

Granted the Leafs were coming off B2B's, but their bread & butter is pouring on offensive chances at will.. and the Canucks were able to tighten up pretty well - much better than the last series these teams played.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they deserved to win. I thought all 3 goals Hutch allowed were goals that Campbell or Andersen stop. But they did score more goals, and their goalie did make more saves so I will give them that.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I wouldn't go as far as saying they deserved to win. I thought all 3 goals Hutch allowed were goals that Campbell or Andersen stop. But they did score more goals, and their goalie did make more saves so I will give them that.

The Horvat shot was pretty nice. At worst its a 1-1 game.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The Horvat shot was pretty nice. At worst its a 1-1 game.

I thought Demko made better saves than that. But it doesn't matter. A loss is a loss. Hopefully the Leafs can get one of their NHL goalies back. You're not getting too far in this league with a third-string goalie who's playing like that, but by some miracle he managed to shut out the Oilers. :laugh:

And Matthews needs to sit out. Something is bugging him and he's scared to shoot. No reason to rush him back.

ECYCLE

Dec 19, 2011
They weren't the greatest of goals but goals they are. Just hoped that Virtanen could've gotten the hat trick to make the trade rumours slightly more juicier. Stupid selfish Benn. :sarcasm:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Sorry pal, just mocking the notion that the Canucks were totally lucky to win.

I think the Leafs didn't bring their A game, but then again the Canucks couldn't have either without Pettersson.

Looking forward to Saturday & hoping we don't get blown out.
Canucks are a good team A poor start but there is a lot of time left.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I thought Demko made better saves than that. But it doesn't matter. A loss is a loss. Hopefully the Leafs can get one of their NHL goalies back. You're not getting too far in this league with a third-string goalie who's playing like that, but by some miracle he managed to shut out the Oilers. :laugh:

And Matthews needs to sit out. Something is bugging him and he's scared to shoot. No reason to rush him back.

Yeah Matthews didn't look like what he was earlier in the year. His play is the biggest thing for the Leafs IMO. And the Canucks did a good job limiting Marner.

And Demko did... but Demko is a damn good goalie :thumbu:. Vegas knows this well, & soon the entire league will find out first hand. Haha

Saturday should be a good game, hopefully Pettersson is back, the Leafs have a better goalie, & its a good tilt.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Canucks are a good team A poor start but there is a lot of time left.

It'll take a miracle. Playing alot better but still haven't been able to overcome some misfortune in games they should've won/got points out of. (And needed pts from). Finally figured out how to play some defense though.

I just hope they finish 'strong' going into next year. Demko is looking legit as the starter & Schmidt has played much better. Those things I'm happy about - aswell as Hoglander & getting Podkolzin into the lineup.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
It'll take a miracle. Playing alot better but still haven't been able to overcome some misfortune in games they should've won/got points out of. (And needed pts from). Finally figured out how to play some defense though.

I just hope they finish 'strong' going into next year. Demko is looking legit as the starter & Schmidt has played much better. Those things I'm happy about - aswell as Hoglander & getting Podkolzin into the lineup.
It doesn't matter how you start. Where you end up is what matters. Leaf fans know that all too well.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad