GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/3/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You are a person that just posts about hockey, that's pretty much it. No one thinks you know anything about it.
And what exactly is your point here?

Is this another ''Well you're not a coach so you can't do any better than he can'' post?

I don't get paid $3-$4 million a year to coach hockey (like McLellan does and does a mediocre job at it), he does, so what's your point?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dunno who to blame but the oilers are horrible. They just skate around mindlessly and then occasionally mcdavid gets the puck and scores. Either the coach has no idea or the players don’t care.
They're a dumpster fire.

I do think they can turn it around next year, but they still have the old boys club there. I can already see them firing McLellan, only to hire Wayne Gretzky to be their head coach. Would that really surprise anybody?

The guy is mediocre, there's no defending him. If you're gonna defend an NHL head coach, there's plenty of other to defend.

Reactions: egelband

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
They're a dumpster fire.

I do think they can turn it around next year, but they still have the old boys club there. I can already see them firing McLellan, only to hire Wayne Gretzky to be their head coach. Would that really surprise anybody?
Yes. Yes it would.
Because Gretz was shown to be a terrible coach. And Nicholson isn't that incompetent.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes. Yes it would.
Because Gretz was shown to be a terrible coach. And Nicholson isn't that incompetent.
I agree Gretz was a terrible coach, but I wouldn't put it past the Edmonton brass.

Chiarelli needs to go, I think he probably will. Todd should at least be on a short leash for next year, if they bring him back.

Being completely serious though, I do think odds are VERY low that Gretzky is named head coach up there or anywhere in the NHL ever again, but it wouldn't be the most shocking move ever.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Rags have iced the puck this game an obscene number of times.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
lol the oilers somehow had nobody at the point when they had their goalie pulled, that was such an odd strategy.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Back to 2007-2016 feelings... Thanks doilers, worthless pieces of shit.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tom Brady

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The entire T-Mac staff needs to go. They'd be much more useful on a team that needs to get over the hump, like the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Yes, the part about the Penguins needing to get over the hump is sarcasm and a shot at how much credit McLellan gets for coaching elite players.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Wow....look at the Rangers go...only 3 points out of a playoff spot all of the sudden.....

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Not a strategy, that would require tactical considerations and foresight.

Definitely one of the strangest thing I've seen, like they had to have been told to abandon the blue line completely or something... I saw the puck going back and I was thinking a big point shot was coming but there wasn't even a single Oiler within like 20 feet. Must be so brutal to watch a team coached the way your team is right now, makes you wonder how these "great hockey minds" even got where they are lol

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I can't imagine having a player like McDavid and being THIS bad.

It’s sickening and angering beyond belief.

The misery of our fan base is real from this, go check the GDT, watching this game in and game out after we had hope following last season makes it unfathomable.

Reactions: Mez

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It’s sickening and angering beyond belief.

The misery of our fan base is real from this, go check the GDT, watching this game in and game out after we had hope following last season makes it unfathomable.

The Rangers somehow the opposite curse of the Oilers. They can never get a good pick unless they trade their #1 center for it.

Reactions: Guffawstev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad