GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/3/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is Todd McLellan still a top 10 or elite head coach in the NHL? Where do you think he'll coach next year? It won't be a team that has a prime Thornton and Marleau and if he loses this job, it ain't gonna be a team that has Connor McDavid either.

Maybe the Pens can hire him? He's a really good head coach. Did you know he was Babcock's assistant for years?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Is Todd McLellan still a top 10 or elite head coach in the NHL? Where do you think he'll coach next year? It won't be a team that has a prime Thornton and Marleau and if he loses this job, it ain't gonna be a team that has Connor McDavid either.

Maybe the Pens can hire him? He's a really good head coach. Did you know he was Babcock's assistant for years?

Junior C in Nowhere, Saskatchewan

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Junior C in Nowhere, Saskatchewan
Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him for the Oilers this year, but I also don't give him credit for the Sharks being a powerhouse team when he coached there, I give him no credit for the Oilers making the playoffs last year. It's just how much the overrating of him REEKS. I always felt like a fool with Sharks fans trying to fight to the death to convince a few of them that he wasn't a very good head coach.

He's just a guy behind the bench, that's pretty much it. He doesn't give you any more points than you'd otherwise have.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Man, I feel bad for the Oilers they never get a chance to ever get good players like Taylor Hall that could help in games like this.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's the obligatory stoppable goal of the game for Cam Talbot.

McLellan looking down at his tablet to see what went wrong there. Does he even know how to turn the damn thing on? Or does he need McDavid's help with that too? Maybe he can call up Joe Thornton and ask him?

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
weak one, but I'll take it!

Watch the replay a few times, while a bit of a weak goal he played it so smart.

He pretty much faked a pass, he held it so long it looked like he was going to pass and just took a quick chance and snapped it quick.

His vision is unreal, he does this all in fast speed and his IQ is so quick to take a chance like that, kid is a treat to watch.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watch the replay a few times, while a bit of a weak goal he played it so smart.

He pretty much faked a pass, he held it so long it looked like he was going to pass and just took a quick chance and snapped it quick.

His vision is unreal, he does this all in fast speed and his IQ is so quick to take a chance like that, kid is a treat to watch.
Give Todd McLellan credit tho. Everyone knows he made Thornton and Marleau to HOF'ers they are now, or will be upon 3 years of retirement.

Same thing for McDavid, who the only head coach he knows in the NHL is Todd! He also probably deserves credit for Datsyuk and Zetterberg too!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
McDavid with 2 points.Hope he can match (or better ) Kucherov's 3 points for the night to hang around the scoring race.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him for the Oilers this year, but I also don't give him credit for the Sharks being a powerhouse team when he coached there, I give him no credit for the Oilers making the playoffs last year. It's just how much the overrating of him REEKS. I always felt like a fool with Sharks fans trying to fight to the death to convince a few of them that he wasn't a very good head coach.

He's just a guy behind the bench, that's pretty much it. He doesn't give you any more points than you'd otherwise have.
Dunno who to blame but the oilers are horrible. They just skate around mindlessly and then occasionally mcdavid gets the puck and scores. Either the coach has no idea or the players don’t care.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

You are a person that just posts about hockey, that's pretty much it. No one thinks you know anything about it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
This whole CBC broadcast is like a pep talk to Milan Lucic.

You can do it, Milan. We believe in you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad