GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/27/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bishop was never this injured in Tampa. I don't know what the hell happened to him
I don't think he was injured this much, as in he wasn't in and out of games every other week, but he did have some injuries at the most inopportune times.

First one that comes to mind was his injury before the 2014 playoffs, which left Lindback in the nets for Tampa, who had the Bolts go kerplunk in a round one sweep to the Habs.

Two others that comes to mind are the 2015 SCF (forgot what was wrong with him, but he was playing with a torn something or another and had surgery at the conclusion of the year) when he appeared to be laboring for much of the ECF and the SCF, and I'm pretty sure he didn't even start one of the games. I know Vasilesvskiy started one game in that SCF. Even though he managed to stay on the ice for most of those playoffs, his performance was sandbagged because of an injury.

Then the 2016 playoffs. He was injured in game 1 (I think?) of the ECF against Pittsburgh and never came back. Vasilevskiy did a pretty good job that round, so I don't think he would have helped them much. I think that was just Pittsburgh's year. That was probably the most perfectly and masterfully run and executed team that we saw this decade. How they badly outshot and crushed some pretty good teams like Tampa and San Jose, with only goaltending making the scores close for the opposition in a lot of those games.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
MacKinnon with two points tonight and a period left to play up to 94 pts on the year now.

Would love to see him hit 100 too.

Reactions: MacBradley

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Malcom Subban is so bad. What a shame.
Yes, yes he is.
Subban is really just one more piece of ammo to use for the ''Don't draft goalies in the first round'' argument. Is he the most recent goalie picked in the first round? I know Vasilesvskiy was picked a handful of spots ahead of him in the same draft, but I'm not sure if he's the most recent first round pick goalie or not?

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This was a topic on the Lightning board from Monday's game, but, as I said there, what I probably appreciate the most about Jack is that he treats his viewers like adults. He's a homer, as you would expect on a regional broadcast, and of course he's more prone than most to hyperbole, whatever the reasons for that may be, but he's always called the game as he's seen it and, if the Bruins opponent is playing an excellent game, if someone scores a beautiful goal, if the B's themselves are playing poorly, whatever, he doesn't sugarcoat it.

There are plenty of things you can criticize Jack for, but his ability to be fair towards opposing teams has never been in question.
Plus, he puts in yeoman's work to make sure he knows who the opposing players are, and how to pronounce their names. If I heard Doc Emrick call Conor Clifton "Clifford" one more time I was gonna throw my iPad out the window.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Subban is really just one more piece of ammo to use for the ''Don't draft goalies in the first round'' argument. Is he the most recent goalie picked in the first round? I know Vasilesvskiy was picked a handful of spots ahead of him in the same draft, but I'm not sure if he's the most recent first round pick goalie or not?

Oettinger in 2017
Samsonov is 2015
Vasilevsky and Subban in 2012

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
80 shots and 1 goal.

Wtf. Oh well, purge the system now. Hopefully Monahan remembers how to play hockey.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Subban shows why he was drafted so high though. Athleticism leading to saves like that.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Clinching and Elimination Scenarios for 27th March
:flyersWill be eliminated if they lose to Toronto in regulationStill in the Hunt
:vegasWill clinch a playoff spot if EITHER of the following happen:
1) Win against Colorado
2) OT or shootout loss against Colorado
Did Not Clinch
:bluesWill clinch a playoff spot if Vegas defeat Colorado in regulation Did Not Clinch
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas came so very close to tying that game up. If the Sharks don't take advantage of Vegas and Calgary losing, they don't deserve Home Ice.
Doesn't help that Subban shit the bed tonight. He's been better lately but at least two of the goals he let in were easily stoppable.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Flames lock up at worst home ice in round 1.

First time they don’t start a series on the road since 2006

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Doesn't help that Subban **** the bed tonight. He's been better lately but at least two of the goals he let in were easily stoppable.

It's nice running into a below average goaltending performance for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad