GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/18/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbatman

Aug 27, 2010
Makes sense it's like 30 miles away and the Ducks have one of the smallest fan bases in the league.

kings tickets are also more expensive. So when it comes to the resell market, Ducks fans are less likely to pay double the normal price that freeway series tixs go for, while to Kings fans its just a few bucks more than a game at staples.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
idk how people can compare anaheim and LA. anaheim is tiny. plus most fans in OC switch to whatever team recently won a cup

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
2nd would have been nice, but getting the point keeps the Kings in a good position and is always better than nothing. Didn't expect the Kings to beat the Ducks on the road and definitely didn't expect them to steal a point back after giving up the lead.

Isn't winning on the road in a playoff type game supposed to be the Kings speciality?

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Isn't winning on the road in a playoff type game supposed to be the Kings speciality?

So is holding leads in the 3rd, but here we are. As Sutter keeps saying to the media.. It's not the same team as last year. Different challenges this time around. And besides, in an actual playoff game, it's 5 on 5 in OT.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Ahh there it is. How refreshing.

Don't worry, you can have the bandwagoners back when your surpass us in the playoffs.

Hopefully.

I know there are a ton of kings fans that have been around forever... in fact in my whole group of friends half of us are ducks fans and the other half are kings fans and they were rooting for the team when they were horrid.

Let's not pretend though that the kings fan base hasn't gotten a lot bigger in the last few years. I know the ducks did in '07.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ducks fans generally treat fans of other teams with respect in their building. Kings fans yell and curse at kids wearing the opposing teams jersey. There is really no comparison when it comes to class.

Sweeping generalizations are all the rage.

Tell that to the dude that poured a beer on my daughter tonight, or the media team that spent the entire first two periods interviewing fans about how stupid Kings fans are.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hopefully.

I know there are a ton of kings fans that have been around forever... in fact in my whole group of friends half of us are ducks fans and the other half are kings fans and they were rooting for the team when they were horrid.

Let's not pretend though that the fan base has gotten a lot bigger in the last few years. I know the ducks did in '07

No, that's exactly my point. Both teams had their core fans. There's a..shifty...group that likes to jump to one or the other. It's just the Kings time right now. That could change as soon as this year.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Ducks fans generally treat fans of other teams with respect in their building. Kings fans yell and curse at kids wearing the opposing teams jersey. There is really no comparison when it comes to class.

What no mention of the gangbangers and thugs roaming around the honda center?

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
No, that's exactly my point. Both teams had their core fans. There's a..shifty...group that likes to jump to one or the other. It's just the Kings time right now. That could change as soon as this year.

One of the most annoying things about being a sports fan in So Cal.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Tell that to the dude that poured a beer on my daughter tonight, or the media team that spent the entire first two periods interviewing fans about how stupid Kings fans are.

Generalizations based on years of attending games in both arenas my friend. Sure there are a few classless Ducks fans, but I rarely hear cursing in front of and at kids in the Honda Center the way I do at Staples.

Oct 18, 2011
really wouldn't mind playing LA in the playoffs, all year at ES Anaheim has outplayed the kings, special teams is another story.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

How about the kings fan who said he'd shank me for a Bonino jersey in the playoffs last season. I'd take a beer spilled over that **** but you know anecdotal evidence and all.

And because the Kings media doesn't make fun of ducks/ducks fans? Like ever. I remember the mascot making fun of someone with a serious illness but that's ok and classy, right?

You might want to get some tougher skin if you're upset by those segments.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Generalizations based on years of attending games in both arenas my friend. Sure there are a few classless Ducks fans, but I rarely hear cursing in front of and at kids in the Honda Center the way I do at Staples.

Could be because of the jersey you're wearing, because I could say the reverse. Your experiences are YOUR experiences, not EVERYONES experiences. Hence, generalizations.

Oct 18, 2011

have you seen bailey tweet?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
How about the kings fan who said he'd shank me for a Bonino jersey in the playoffs last season. I'd take a beer spilled over that **** but you know anecdotal evidence and all.

And because the Kings media doesn't make fun of ducks/ducks fans? Like ever. I remember the mascot making fun of someone with a serious illness but that's ok and classy, right?

You DO realize you're supporting what I said, right?

And I'm well aware of the Kings' media teams antics...and I have plenty thick skin for that sort of thing. I'm telling you, it was over the top tonight. Not in terms of offensiveness, but in sheer volume. It's like they were trying to start fights.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Why would he want a Bonino jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad