GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Canucks trying to break 3 1/2 game goal drought, if they don't scored in the first 23 minutes of this game they will have broken a franchise record.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Bruins - Leafs winner
rPNCqww.jpg

Reactions: McGarnagle

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Big win by the Blues. Schenn has been good this year, very good. 2 goals by Pietranglelo, and a big tying goal assisted on by good rookie Vince Dunn.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Canucks are trying tonight and have tied it up.Sharks played last night though and Destroyed the lames.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
Boston Bruins at Tampa Bay Lightning was not a very good showing from our Bolts. Bruins managed to keep the red hot offensive side at zero goals with the help of great Tuukka Rask, while defensive side lapsed a bit and allowed some not so nice goals. I think this was a good lesson for Bolts to not under-estimate teams being eastern under standings.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
one thing i don't agree with is Cooper justifying the loss by saying "Boston is a good team blah blah blah" they were missing so many regulars that it stops being an excuse, imo

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
More real consistent officiating in Vancouver tonight. Just changes by the period.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Anybody got an old Bruins jersey in the closet? They may need you soon with the way they are dropping.

Same goes for the Sharks. Vlasic and Melker Karlsson both got injured tonight, left the game and didn't come back. Joakim Ryan and Joonas Donskoi were both injured and missed the game as well. Joe Thornton and Joel Ward were both on IR and have been for a while.

That's their #1C, #1RW, #1LHD, #2LHD, along with a couple 4th liners that I would probably scratch if everybody was healthy

Reactions: Liferleafer and Phu

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Well...if it wasn't obvious to everyone already before tonight, it's plainly obvious now that the Bruins are the best team in the Atlantic. And Toronto's quite probably right behind them. The Lightning, as currently constructed, are a total farce.

Last night was a great win by the Bruins and I'm happy they grabbed two points in a game they really didn't have any business getting two points (due to injuries), but it's not plainly obvious. Bruins are definitely a contender and are one of the three best teams in the Atlantic, but I don't think they're the best. Tampa Bay has too much talent and when they're firing, it's not fun (for the opponent and the fans of the opponent). Bruins seem to match up with them well, but they're far from a farce. It should be a great race to the finish.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Last night was a great win by the Bruins and I'm happy they grabbed two points in a game they really didn't have any business getting two points (due to injuries), but it's not plainly obvious. Bruins are definitely a contender and are one of the three best teams in the Atlantic, but I don't think they're the best. Tampa Bay has too much talent and when they're firing, it's not fun (for the opponent and the fans of the opponent). Bruins seem to match up with them well, but they're far from a farce. It should be a great race to the finish.

Vasi looks cooked, the blueline is a mess even with McD, and the penalty kill is an unmitigated disaster. Cooper and his staff are nothing to write home about, either.

I'm not optimistic for this team anymore. Their early season success was a long time ago now and in 2018 they've been quite pedestrian once you strip out the OT/SO results. I haven't checked in a couple weeks but I'd bet by now that Boston's regulation record is better than Tampa Bay's, and they've won both head-to-heads without much difficulty either.

Let me put it this way - if the Lightning and Bruins meet in the playoffs, the Bruins should be, and will be in any objective world, overwhelming favorites.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Boston Bruins at Tampa Bay Lightning was not a very good showing from our Bolts. Bruins managed to keep the red hot offensive side at zero goals with the help of great Tuukka Rask, while defensive side lapsed a bit and allowed some not so nice goals. I think this was a good lesson for Bolts to not under-estimate teams being eastern under standings.

...and think that all this was done by the Bruins to the Lightning in their barn AND with the Bruins missing their top 1C (and among the best centers in the league. I am talking Bergeron, obviously), their entire top defensive pairing (Chara - McAvoy), a top 6 winger (Debrusk) and after period 1, the guy (Backes) who had 1C duty for this game... It was the Bruins B team on the ice... :nod:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There's a chance Scheifele is back in the Jets line up tonight. Slowly getting there players back. Looking fwd to seeing how their full line up looks against Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad