GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/5/20 - So many games, I can't even count that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
That’s not how it works.

The team that deserves to win doesn't always win in hockey.

If the Blackhawks won, that would be what happened. They got outplayed all night.

Ultimately, their goalie stole them a point they didn't deserve, and the refs cost them the 2nd of 2 points they wouldn't have deserved. The team that played better ended up winning.

Would it have been easier to swallow if they had just won 4-1 in regulation? Sure. At the end of the day, the team that deserved 2 points got them.

There have been nights where the Blackhawks have won games they didn't deserve, and lost games they deserved a better fate. **** happens.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Hawks deserved to lose that game. I don't want to see anyone from Chicago whining about the call. Play better.
I'm not from Chicago (nor a fan of) therefore I have "a right" to protest:

It's not about deserving or not. In the end it's about who scores more legal goals than the other team. Chicago did in regulation. End of story.

For those who say it was a hand pass, I have 2 things to say to you:

1- It was not. look closely at the replay, the puck touches the heel of the stick after the glove pushes it.

2- "Even if it was a hand pass", then why would the ref wait so long to whistle? Like, is it legitimate to cancel a play even do there were no whistling directly after the act (past the "whistling intent" timespan)?

Nota Bene - For those of you who might say I'm biased, I actually cheered for BOS tonight, and also most of the time (even as a Habs fan born and raised on MTL)

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The team that deserves to win doesn't always win in hockey.

If the Blackhawks won, that would be what happened. They got outplayed all night.

Ultimately, their goalie stole them a point they didn't deserve, and the refs cost them the 2nd of 2 points they wouldn't have deserved. The team that played better ended up winning.

Would it have been easier to swallow if they had just won 4-1 in regulation? Sure. At the end of the day, the team that deserved 2 points got them.

There have been nights where the Blackhawks have won games they didn't deserve, and lost games they deserved a better fate. **** happens.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. Chicago was outplayed, yes. That doesn’t make it any more proper for a god-awful ref call to cost them the winning goal.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
What happened to the updates to the leafs record under Keefe?

giphy.gif

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston

Ref admitted to Toews he blew it.

Toews is known to lie. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here. REAL TIME IT LOOKED LIKE A HAND PASS. What part of that do you people not understand? Even on the replay you'd have to look at it too many times, there's no way the ref thought he "blew it" without having even had a chance to take a 2nd look at it.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Toews is known to lie. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here. REAL TIME IT LOOKED LIKE A HAND PASS. What part of that do you people not understand? Even on the replay you'd have to look at it too many times, there's no way the ref thought he "blew it" without having even had a chance to take a 2nd look at it.

Then why didn’t they blow the whistle?

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
I'm not from Chicago (nor a fan of) therefore I have "a right" to protest:

It's not about deserving or not. In the end it's about who scores more legal goals than the other team. Chicago did in regulation. End of story.

For those who say it was a hand pass, I have 2 things to say to you:

1- It was not. look closely at the replay, the puck touches the heel of the stick after the glove pushes it.

2- "Even if it was a hand pass", then why would the ref wait so long to whistle? Like, is it legitimate to cancel a play even do there were no whistling directly after the act (past the "whistling intent" timespan)?

Nota Bene - For those of you who might say I'm biased, I actually cheered for BOS tonight, and also most of the time (even as a Habs fan born and raised on MTL)

You already blundered yourself. "Look closely at the replay" You have to look closely at a replay just to see it. People here acting like it wasn't a close play and even when you look closely it isn't definitive. Nobody blew anything, especially not in a real time.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Then why did the blow the whistle after the goal was scored? Huh? Let me guess, the league is rigged. Was it rigged when we won 3 cups too? I bet you won't admit to that.

All I did was ask you a question smart guy. Why did they blow the whistle? If they had, you might have an argument. As it is, your argument is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad