GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/5/20 - So many games, I can't even count that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
All I did was ask you a question smart guy. Why did they blow the whistle? If they had, you might have an argument. As it is, your argument is nonsense.

Delayed reaction. In real time this all happens fast. I know you can't really see this from your fat couch but that's the reality in a hockey game or any sports game for that matter. You can't explain why the whistle was blown other than let me guess... claiming it was rigged. Tell me I'm wrong.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I'm not from Chicago (nor a fan of) therefore I have "a right" to protest:

It's not about deserving or not. In the end it's about who scores more legal goals than the other team. Chicago did in regulation. End of story.

For those who say it was a hand pass, I have 2 things to say to you:

1- It was not. look closely at the replay, the puck touches the heel of the stick after the glove pushes it.

2- "Even if it was a hand pass", then why would the ref wait so long to whistle? Like, is it legitimate to cancel a play even do there were no whistling directly after the act (past the "whistling intent" timespan)?

Nota Bene - For those of you who might say I'm biased, I actually cheered for BOS tonight, and also most of the time (even as a Habs fan born and raised on MTL)
Well...

#1. I'm not convinced. Even in slo-mo, I don't know if he touched it again.

#2. The only thing I can think of is that the whistle WAS blown and no one heard it, and then the referee blew it again. If that's not the case, I've got nothing.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coach Jeremy Colliton said officials’ explanation of <a href="#Blackhawks hashtag on Twitter">#Blackhawks</a>’ disallowed goal was, “they made a mistake, blew the whistle.”</p>&mdash; Chris Kuc (@ChrisKuc) <a href="">February 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Hawks are coming off as sore losers with all of this blatant lying. The refs wouldn't just blow the whistle for no reason to disallow a goal unless they had a reason to. The refs can be bad at times, but they arent *that* bad.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
The Hawks are coming off as sore losers with all of this blatant lying. The refs wouldn't just blow the whistle for no reason to disallow a goal unless they had a reason to. The refs can be bad at times, but they arent *that* bad.
Not to mention... for referees to make some kind of admission like this, on the ice, in real time, they'd have to be really, really, REALLY sure they'd blown it. If we can't tell 100% for sure watching replays, how can they be so confident that a mistake was made?

I think it's more likely the refs said something to the effect of "looked like a hand pass," and the Blackhawks heard what they wanted to hear.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Delayed reaction. In real time this all happens fast. I know you can't really see this from your fat couch but that's the reality in a hockey game or any sports game for that matter. You can't explain why the whistle was blown other than let me guess... claiming it was rigged. Tell me I'm wrong.

Delayed reaction?!?! It’s not a thing in hockey where refs don’t blow the whistle, and wait until after a goal is scored ten seconds later to (incorrectly!) blow the whistle retroactively. I don’t know what your agenda is, but your argument is just plain dumb.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Delayed reaction?!?! It’s not a thing in hockey where refs don’t blow the whistle, and wait until after a goal is scored ten seconds later to (incorrectly!) blow the whistle retroactively. I don’t know what your agenda is, but your argument is just plain dumb.

Or.. it's logical. Just try for a second to use half your brain for this one minute. You're screaming conspiracy while I'm putting a logical thought out there. You have no argument whatsoever and calling my argument plain dumb is just you being in denial. End of story.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
your goalie can steal you games and spare me this deserve bull shit. they got outplayed but that’s not what decides the score. If it’s a hand pass then blow it dead.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Or.. it's logical. Just try for a second to use half your brain for this one minute. You're screaming conspiracy while I'm putting a logical thought out there. You have no argument whatsoever and calling my argument plain dumb is just you being in denial. End of story.

I didn’t say anything about a conspiracy, much less scream it. The simple fact is that their failure to blow the whistle leaves your ‘argument’ fatally flawed.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
I didn’t say anything about a conspiracy, much less scream it. The simple fact is that their failure to blow the whistle leaves your ‘argument’ fatally flawed.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You're not the first to be denial. Clearly logic isn't going through you too well.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

maybe a different official blew it dead and the red that ultimately waved off the goal hadn’t heard the whistle at first?

They had their chance to win a game they shouldn’t have, with or without this strange call.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
maybe a different official blew it dead and the red that ultimately waved off the goal hadn’t heard the whistle at first?

They had their chance to win a game they shouldn’t have, with or without this strange call.

No one - announcers, refs, players, coaches - has claimed a whistle blew.

Your second point is irrelevant.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No one - announcers, refs, players, coaches - has claimed a whistle blew.

Your second point is irrelevant.

my second point is very relevant. Many calls happen during 60 minutes that someone doesn’t agree with. Shit happens. Shut up and win.

i don’t care what anyone heard or not. I’m just throwing out hypotheticals. I thought the official explanation on the ice was that the play was already whistled dead? At the end of the day it was still a hand pass, the correct ruling prevailed whether you heard a whistle or not

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Whatever helps you sleep at night. You're not the first to be denial. Clearly logic isn't going through you too well.
What the hell does this even mean? Is logic some sort of edible substance you crap out after a day or two?!?

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
my second point is very relevant. Many calls happen during 60 minutes that someone doesn’t agree with. **** happens. Shut up and win.

i don’t care what anyone heard or not. I’m just throwing out hypotheticals. I thought the official explanation on the ice was that the play was already whistled dead? At the end of the day it was still a hand pass, the correct ruling prevailed whether you heard a whistle or not

It touched the stick, negating the hand pass, so it was absolutely the wrong call.

As to your other point, I don’t see the value in throwing out hypotheticals when the facts are straightforward.

Reactions: thesaadfather

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It touched the stick, negating the hand pass, so it was absolutely the wrong call.

As to your other point, I don’t see the value in throwing out hypotheticals when the facts are straightforward.

i disagree. Didn’t seem very clear to me, even zoomed in with slow motion. In real time that’s gonna be called a hand pass every time.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
i disagree. Didn’t seem very clear to me, even zoomed in with slow motion. In real time that’s gonna be called a hand pass every time.

But it wasn’t. Not until ten seconds later after a goal was scored.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Refs apparently told Toews and Colliton that they f***ed up. So there are two possibilities with that in mind.

A. Toews and Colliton are lying about the refs admitting they screwed up.

or

B. The refs screwed up.

Chose what option you want to believe, but most Hawks fans are gonna take the word of our captain and coach.

Reactions: clydesdale line

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Refs apparently told Toews and Colliton that they ****ed up. So there are two possibilities with that in mind.

A. Toews and Colliton are lying about the refs admitting they screwed up.

or

B. The refs screwed up.

Chose what option you want to believe, but most Hawks fans are gonna take the word of our captain and coach.

Maybe that’s what they interpreted.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Oh so now it's "a little while".
oWUuoMf.gif

Reactions: McRpro

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm not from Chicago (nor a fan of) therefore I have "a right" to protest:

It's not about deserving or not. In the end it's about who scores more legal goals than the other team. Chicago did in regulation. End of story.

For those who say it was a hand pass, I have 2 things to say to you:

1- It was not. look closely at the replay, the puck touches the heel of the stick after the glove pushes it.

2- "Even if it was a hand pass", then why would the ref wait so long to whistle? Like, is it legitimate to cancel a play even do there were no whistling directly after the act (past the "whistling intent" timespan)?

Nota Bene - For those of you who might say I'm biased, I actually cheered for BOS tonight, and also most of the time (even as a Habs fan born and raised on MTL)
Putting a puck in the net after a play is blown dead is not scoring a legal goal.

Then linesman blew the play dead immediately. Stop focusing on the ref with his arm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->