GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/26/2022 | 8 games and i kept them all inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That was a good game, thought the Oilers played well against a good Canes team with a depleted lineup.

Wins and losses are all that matters though.

2-1 Canes final.

Reactions: Deedog99 and Tryamw

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
Oilers played well despite the depleted roster. Of course they win the game against Florida where they're outplayed but lose this one and the one against Tampa.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Oilers played one of their best games of the season but the final score was closer than the game really was, offside goal notwithstanding. Canes were dominant.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
No wonder Oilers fans complaing about the refs so much. When you listen to Lousie Debrusk ***** about them all game you start to believe it. He's painful to listen to. At one point his partner had to point out follow through on a high stick to tell him to stfu.

Easily one of the worst in the league.

Reactions: Deedog99

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Pacific is a disaster this year

Is it, though? It's easily the most balanced division, only Seattle and maybe San Jose are "bad". Metro and Atlantic have more elite teams, but also a lot more freebie points with awful teams as well.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oilers played one of their best games of the season but the final score was closer than the game really was, offside goal notwithstanding. Canes were dominant.

Define the word "dominant". Shots were even, chances were slightly in favor of Carolina. Carolina deserved to win, but that was not a dominant win by any definition of the word.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
No wonder Oilers fans complaing about the refs so much. When you listen to Lousie Debrusk ***** about them all game you start to believe it. He's painful to listen to. At one point his partner had to point out follow through on a high stick to tell him to stfu.

I just tune into the away feed. Michaels is annoying and Debrusk just talks about can openers all game long.

Side note, but the Avs pbp team is the worst in the league bar none. Insane homers, basically a cheer squad for Mackinnon and co. Constantly calling players by their nicknames (just cringeworthy), insanely hyped whenever the Avs touch a puck, then completely flat whenever the opposing team scores. Then there's that guy with the mullett on the intermission show that acts like a highschooler. All in all, just a terrible experience for the eyes, ears, and mind.

Reactions: ChuckW

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Aho has 7+7 in his last 6 games against Edmonton. I doubt that’s coincidental. You can see the competitive fire in his body language watching him play. Going up against the best in the world, he’s brought it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hopefully the Oilers think Smith is a good goalie again.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
2 out of 8 points for the Oilers on the roadie. New coach bump8 fizzling out

Not a lot of teams that are going to come away from a road trip against Minny, Tampa, Florida, and Carolina with a winning record. The funny part was the lone 2 against Florida was a terrible effort as well.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
2/8 in what should have been 0/8 points on the road. Kenny has some major gaps to fill for this team still

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
2/8 in what should have been 0/8 points on the road. Kenny has some major gaps to fill for this team still
2/8 is pretty accurate of the play IMO. Wild game was a writeoff, Lightning game was a pitiful goaltending performance, Florida was a great goaltending performance, and the Canes game was relatively even (edge to the Canes).

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

Definitely need a goalie. 2/8 is what they deserved though, just the 2 should have been against Tampa, not Florida.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The good news is that Draisaitl didn't spear anybody in the balls again. I thought for sure he was going to do it this afternoon what with all the attention he was getting from Canes players.

Reactions: TheHudlinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad