GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/20/21 | All the indoor games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
What has the NHL done to halt the emotion in Calgary-Edmonton games?

Do they truly think this is better for the league after the exciting games of last season... highly disappointing. Another bust. In a blowout game we should have seen something.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011

Do they truly think this is better for the league after the exciting games of last season... highly disappointing. Another bust. In a blowout game we should have seen something.
these games have a completely different complexion when there's no fans in the seats.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

They have to play each other another 5 (or 7?) more times... so I doubt either team wants a bloodbath.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
No, that is not true, but if the flames want a fire sale, they can have one.

I mean what value did they get from those two? A whole pile of junk (late 1st in KK , etc) and another late 1st that was trade for Freddie. Kessel would go to win two cups and Phaneuf was still okay but vastly overpaid.

2016-Feb-09 Traded from Toronto Maple Leafs with Cody Donaghey, Casey Bailey, Ryan Rupert and Matt Frattin to Ottawa Senators for Tobias Lindberg, Jared Cowen, Colin Greening, Milan Michalek and round 2 pick in the 2017 draft (Eemeli Rasanen)

2015-Jul-01 Traded from Toronto Maple Leafs with Tyler Biggs, Tim Erixon and conditional round 2 pick in the 2016 draft (Kasper Bjorkqvist) to Pittsburgh Penguins for Kasperi Kapanen, Scott Harrington, Nick Spaling, round 1 pick in the 2016 draft (Sam Steel) and round 3 pick in the 2016 draft (J.D. Greenway)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It started right off the opening faceoff with Yamo laughing at Tkachuk.

The Flames tried to rile them up a handful of times, but they literally laughed at them haha.

nGeDsow.gif

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I mean what value did they get from those two? A whole pile of junk (late 1st in KK , etc) and another late 1st that was trade for Freddie. Kessel would go to win two cups and Phaneuf was still okay but vastly overpaid.

2016-Feb-09 Traded from Toronto Maple Leafs with Cody Donaghey, Casey Bailey, Ryan Rupert and Matt Frattin to Ottawa Senators for Tobias Lindberg, Jared Cowen, Colin Greening, Milan Michalek and round 2 pick in the 2017 draft (Eemeli Rasanen)

2015-Jul-01 Traded from Toronto Maple Leafs with Tyler Biggs, Tim Erixon and conditional round 2 pick in the 2016 draft (Kasper Bjorkqvist) to Pittsburgh Penguins for Kasperi Kapanen, Scott Harrington, Nick Spaling, round 1 pick in the 2016 draft (Sam Steel) and round 3 pick in the 2016 draft (J.D. Greenway)
Well, if you want to call it that fine. It is still unusual. Calgary should try to get value for their players in my opinion.

Reactions: voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Just watched the extended highlights of the Flames-Oilers games.

Goals 1 and 2 were all bad D and not on Markstrom. I don’t know how you can blame the goalie for Chiasson’s goal nor Nuge left wide open. Like I’ve said in other threads, the NHL is watered down with AHLers and Gawdin or Valimaki missed coverage.
Goal 3(McDavid’s deflection) was nobody’s fault as those plays happen.
Goal 4,5,6 could have been stopped but all featured blown coverage or giving McDavid a partial breakaway.
Goal 7 was both poor D and bad goaltending (or just a snipe from Archibald).

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

More so the Oilers just didn’t get involved in what the flames were trying to do.

Emotion for the Oilers is the skill taking the game over, see Mcdavid last night, been awhile since I’ve seen him that driven, he was on another planet. Emotion for the Flames is Tkachuk and others trying to play on the edge of the line or over it, and they started taking penalties because they couldn’t bait Edmonton to join.

The flames were hardly playing hockey till it was to late, just running around for the most part to start the game.

Reactions: Declassified

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
More so the Oilers just didn’t get involved in what the flames were trying to do.

Emotion for the Oilers is the skill taking the game over, see Mcdavid last night, been awhile since I’ve seen him that driven, he was on another planet. Emotion for the Flames is Tkachuk and others trying to play on the edge of the line or over it, and they started taking penalties because they couldn’t bait Edmonton to join.

The flames were hardly playing hockey till it was to late, just running around for the most part to start the game.
They were going for hits and trying to agitate and forgot about the score board. The flames fired muffins at kosko from low % percentage. The oilers made every shot look dangerous and flat out out skilled them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad