GDT: HFBoards GDT: 2/18/21 | Look at all these games making me do work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Nope. You’re facing only Canadian teams who are all trash. How is it a real cup? Lol...

The best team will still have to beat the best to win. Trash teams will still not make playoffs or not make it to the conference finals.

And once you make playoffs you still have to win 16 games, 8 of them out of your division.

Just becuase your team is trash this year, last year and every year in recent memory doesn't change what the cup is.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
The best team will still have to beat the best to win. Trash teams will still not make playoffs or not make it to the conference finals.

And once you make playoffs you still have to win 16 games, 8 of them out of your division.

Just becuase your team is trash this year, last year and every year in recent memory doesn't change what the cup is.
It definitely does. Everything has changed this year and multiple teams are having their best players out multiple games in condensed schedules due to Covid. Some teams playing 4 games in 4 nights while other teams aren’t effected at all. It’s highly unfair. It’s not debatable sorry... giant asterisk.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
It definitely does. Everything has changed this year and multiple teams are having their best players out multiple games in condensed schedules due to Covid. Some teams playing 4 games in 4 nights while other teams aren’t effected at all. It’s highly unfair. It’s not debatable sorry... giant asterisk.
Ok cool, I don't and most won't agree with you. Your opinion is pretty irrelevant, go cry somewhere else.

Also yes it will have an asterisk, unfortunately you don't seem to understand what an asterisk means.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Thanks for proving my point. Good luck! :)

Your point is irrelevant and for the love of God, can people stop using "it has an asterisk" as a negative or something bad. All it means is something was different and further reading or clarification is needed.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
That was a weird penalty. Matthews gave the guy a nice reverse-hit and he fell. He wasn't using his stick to bring Matthews down, it literally flopped on him.

Par for the course for the refs this year.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Nope. You’re facing only Canadian teams who are all trash. How is it a real cup? Lol...

There really is no argument to be had. It’s the fact.
All teams are only playing their divisions. They are all pretty good.It is a real Cup because the NHL says it is.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Penguins draw first blood.

Islanders uncharacteristically sloppy in their own end and it costs them.

Credit to the Pens for just dogging them in their own end. They worked hard for it, got a goal that MAYBE Varlamov should have stopped, but hey, goal's a goal.

1-0 Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Did the WPG-EDM refs fly out to Toronto lol. Was that a "hooking" penalty for receiving a reverse hit in the corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad