GDT: HFBoards GDT: 2/17/21 | 5 games with an early start at 5pm ... i'm expecting 5 goals games

Status
Not open for further replies.

roman star

ready to march
Feb 17, 2019
He spends at least 50% of his time whining about penalty calls/non-calls
he knows some body or has the good looks / image the network twerps want . but he bores the hell out of me . a guy ide like seeing coloring national games is jody shelley who does an excellent job for the cbj

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
100% but until then I'm on team Stuzle

giphy.gif

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Maybe the sens aren't the write off many assumed to be. They play Toronto very well and have wins against the better teams in the division

I wouldn't say the Sens are a "write off" team, or a gimme win, BUT, they likely will be finishing at the bottom or near the bottom of the division simply because overall, other teams in the division are better manned right now.

That said, I do admire their work ethic and their "don't give a %$#@ who you are" attitude towards their opponents.
They do NOT roll over for anyone. And that, by itself, will carry a team and help build a winning culture again.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why is it that the Sens get no credit? Why would it be the habs screwing something up and just not the Sens being a tough out? If there are any games tht Ottawa will get up more for, it's against the Leafs and Habs.

The disparity in skill, especially between Toronto and Ottawa means you should lose, unless you're just there.

I mean, good on Ottawa for not going away quietly and working hard, but they're winning games by doing that and the other team not taking them seriously.

Did I overhear that wasn't Tkachuk's goal?

You heard correct.

Matthews has both

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
It's likely coming down to him or Chabot as the Captain.

Honestly, unless the Sens entertain the thought of trading Brady for a big haul of some kind, I always view Ottawa as his team.

Of course, many times, I feel WHO has a letter on their sweater is overrated....guys in the locker room KNOW who their leaders are and who they are gonna follow..... but I think Tkachuk sets the pace for his team much more than Chabot at this point.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The disparity in skill, especially between Toronto and Ottawa means you should lose, unless you're just there.

I mean, good on Ottawa for not going away quietly and working hard, but they're winning games by doing that and the other team not taking them seriously.

You heard correct.

Matthews has both

It's not just skill that wins games. How hard you play is a factor. How smart you play is factor. Team strategies are a factor. So many factors that play in to who should and does win any specific game.

To single out one factor as the reason why a team should win is over simplifying and a lazy argument.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

OK on paper the leafs are definitely better, but games aren't played on paper, and I don't care if you have all the skill in the world, if you get outworked you deserve to lose. It doesn't mean the leafs screwed up, it just means they got out worked. If Ottawa wins they deserve props for it, you can't just say the leafs blew it because they shoud be better on paper. You say the Sens were the better team that night.

It's like people saying no team in the north division can win outside their bubble just because.. It's just not true.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
OK on paper the leafs are definitely better, but games aren't played on paper, and I don't care if you have all the skill in the world, if you get outworked you deserve to lose. It doesn't mean the leafs screwed up, it just means they got out worked. If Ottawa wins they deserve props for it, you can't just say the leafs blew it because they shoud be better on paper. You say the Sens were the better team that night.

Well said.

As a Lightning fan witnessing being swept by the Jackets in a record season put on by the Bolts, I completely understand this post.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Honestly, unless the Sens entertain the thought of trading Brady for a big haul of some kind, I always view Ottawa as his team.

Of course, many times, I feel WHO has a letter on their sweater is overrated....guys in the locker room KNOW who their leaders are and who they are gonna follow..... but I think Tkachuk sets the pace for his team much more than Chabot at this point.

If I'm being more cynical, naming the American Brady Tkachuk as Captain may help convince him to stay.

I think we're expecting a bridge contract much like his brother, in which case, he needs to think this team is developing to re-commit when that contract is through.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Man, I tried adjusting the picture on our UHD flatscreen, but I don't think that's it.
The lighting is just bad in Little Caesers Arena....like a yellowish tint.

I think Detroit might need to Pizza! Pizza! some better lamps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad