GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/9/2023 | 12 Games today with some early starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canes got 100 PPs and one 5 on 3, bound to score 1. Canucks taking many dumb penalties

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Thanks for Lafferty, Toronto. Hope it goes well with Reaves and whatever.

Leafs have a higher points percentage than Vancouver despite missing 3D and their starting goalie - I think they're okay.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for Lafferty, Toronto. Hope it goes well with Reaves and whatever.
It is going about the same as it is in Vancouver. If the Canucks close out tonight 37 points from 28 games while the Leafs have 32 points from 24 games. The Leafs currently have a slightly higher winning percentage.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Leafs have a higher points percentage than Vancouver despite missing 3D and their starting goalie - I think they're okay.

It is going about the same as it is in Vancouver. If the Canucks close out tonight 37 points from 28 games while the Leafs have 32 points from 24 games. The Leafs currently have a slightly higher winning percentage.
Okay cool.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Lmao Vancouver was suppose to be a bad team this season. They got a strong leafs player to add to their depth

The Leafs have better players that were cheaper and younger that they needed to make room for (Knies, Robertson). Glad the Canucks can use him. I hope he re-signs with you - he deserves Mikheyev money.

• Haha
Reactions: eviohh26

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Lmao Vancouver was suppose to be a bad team this season. They got a strong leafs player to add to their depth
They got a few good players Soucy, Hronek, came in last March, and of course another year of development for Hughes, and of course, Lafferty has played well too.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
They got a few good players Soucy, Hronek, came in last March, and of course another year of development for Hughes, and of course, Lafferty has played well too.
Many people slept on them. I knew they would be better. I still think they get underrated as other fans are waiting for them to collapse

The Leafs have better players that were cheaper and younger that they needed to make room for (Knies, Robertson). Glad the Canucks can use him. I hope he re-signs with you - he deserves Mikheyev money.
The problem is your GM made the wrong moves. Getting Klinberg, Domi, Reaves when they could have just kept Bunting and Lafferty and added maybe a soucy or Ian Cole. It's not because you don't have cap space, you did but signed wrong players when you could have signed players that can contribute.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Many people slept on them. I knew they would be better. I still think they get underrated as other fans are waiting for them to collapse

The problem is your GM made the wrong moves. Getting Klinberg, Domi, Reaves when they could have just kept Bunting and Lafferty and added maybe a soucy or Ian Cole. It's not because you don't have cap space, you did but signed wrong players when you could have signed players that can contribute.

You're mistaking who the moves he made were for.

Bertuzzi replaced Bunting.
Klingberg replaced Holl.
Domi replaced Kerfoot.
Knies replaced Lafferty.

Nothing wrong with any of that. Three of those players are on 1 year contracts and can be traded if needed.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You're mistaking who the moves he made were for.

Bertuzzi replaced Bunting.
Klingberg replaced Holl.
Domi replaced Kerfoot.
Knies replaced Lafferty.

Nothing wrong with any of that. Three of those players are on 1 year contracts and can be traded if needed.
Knies didn't replace Lafferty. You guys had knies. And klinberg is a bad signing, don't deny that, he sucks defensively. You forgot you signed Reaves?? They should be smarter when signing players

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Knies didn't replace Lafferty. You guys had knies. And klinberg is a bad signing, don't deny that, he sucks defensively. You forgot you signed Reaves?? They should be smarter when signing players

Knies did not count much against the cap last season, he played 3 games in the regular season - he wasn't with the team for the season. We had to make room for him to join the team this season, hence why they moved Lafferty.

Reaves can be buried for 200K against the cap. I don't get why that 300K would be so consequential against the Leafs cap?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Knies did not count much against the cap last season, he played 3 games in the regular season - he wasn't with the team for the season. We had to make room for his 82 games.

Reaves can be buried for 300K against the cap. I don't get why that would be so consequential against the Leafs cap?
Reaves can be buried? Meaning bad signing. He still takes a 1.3 mil cap hit when not buried. Again it's a waste of cap space for a team needing to be smart about cap space but I don't expect much from Tre.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Reaves can be buried? Meaning bad signing. He still takes a 1.3 mil cap hit when not buried. Again it's a waste of cap space for a team needing to be smart about cap space but I don't expect much from Tre.

It's not much of a waste of cap space. Reaves serves a purpose.

I think you think they got Reaves to score goals or something. Reaves was never that kind of player.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
No, he did not. Gregor won the job over Lafferty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad