GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/5/2023 | I am the other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks couldn't help but shoot themselves in the foot.

Niether team was great defensively but even something as simple as shooting the puck. So many of NJ's goals (including the winner) came from just putting the puck on net.

Vanacek's giving up rebounds all night & the Canucks refuse to put pucks on net till the last 10 mins (and they score 3)

Non-playoff team stuff
Tocchet needs to tell them to shoot the puck. Even kuzmenko was hesitating to shoot

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
want to buy Markstrom, Perhaps Vancouver will add a 6th to get him out of the conference?:naughty:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Man Canucks choked at the end there. Still need better D. Get tanev and get rid of Myers

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Cole with a ridiculous play cost the Canucks the game. What is he doing trying to put this puck up the boards on his backhand?
image.jpg

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
PDO Kingz slowly regressing back to their mean. Thank you to Hughes and beoser for helping my fantasy team though

Reactions: PuckG

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Frustrating game as a Canucks fan given our blunders, but credit to NJ they are a really fast team. They have good C's in Hughes/Hischier but also wingers that can make a difference like Bratt/Toffoli/Palat. It separates their forward group from others.

They have improvements to make but I think they'll be fine. Still a really good team.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
NJ is very good, Canucks should have played better on D coverage. Myers single handidly lost us the game.
Cole ignoring the 3 wide open Canucks and trying to push the puck up the boards on his back hand cost Vancouver the game. Myers didn't help though

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Saros will cost more and Gibson has sucked for the last couple years and just recently has a bit of a resurgence.

Better to trade with the team that always seems to loses the trade. ;)
Markstrom is damaged goods and far too inconsistent

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I think Demko is hurt, he tweaked something last game and hasn't looked the same since, hopefully he was just having a bad game but idk something seemed iffy. The Canucks need to find a way to trade Myers and then add a top 4 dman cause he was horrendous. Ian cole made some decisions I wasn't fond of either especially on that last goal besides chipping it up the boards he could have either passed to Hronek on the reverse or lifted it up out the zone. Hughes,miller,Boeser, and Hoglander were easily our best players tonight.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think Demko is hurt, he tweaked something last game and hasn't looked the same since, hopefully he was just having a bad game but idk something seemed iffy. The Canucks need to find a way to trade Myers and then add a top 4 dman cause he was horrendous. Ian cole made some decisions I wasn't fond of either especially on that last goal besides chipping it up the boards he could have either passed to Hronek on the reverse or lifted it up out the zone. Hughes,miller,Boeser, and Hoglander were easily our best players tonight.

If they could somehow get rid of Myers and bring in Bear for a cheap 1 yr deal, that would be ideal for now. Bear isn't amazing but Myers sets the bar pretty low for an improvement

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Demko wasn't good tonight. He needs to be better. Maybe DeSmith starts next game

If they could somehow get rid of Myers and bring in Bear for a cheap 1 yr deal, that would be ideal for now. Bear isn't amazing but Myers sets the bar pretty low for an improvement
Bear is way better than Myers and more mobile.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Markstrom is damaged goods and far too inconsistent
So is every goalie that isn't going to cost a fortune.

Vejmelka. Allen, Markstrom, Gibson all are questionable. Devils have bellow league average goaltending, If we can get average then the Devils offence should be able to carry the team forward.

ONE MORE THING!

The Canucks need to stop hogging all the good Goalie coaches. They are being extremely rude.

Reactions: Three On Zero

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Myers is bad. But that was such an entertaining game. That might be one of the best periods played this year in the league for pure entertainment value

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad