GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/29/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Personally I think Clutterbuck should be suspended for turning and putting himself and Orpik in a bad hit situation and injuring Orpik because of it.

And yes, I'm serious.

He was in a vulnerable position either way..... Orpik came full speed from half way to the blue line and Clutterbuck was a good 5' from the boards. If CC doesn't turn there, he's leaving on a stretcher.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Gifted??? Isn't that like the 4th time this season the Isles have blown a 3-goal lead? Didn't they receive 7 PPs to the Caps' 4? Didn't the Isles win the game courtesy of a 4-min double minor which resulted in lengthy 4-on-3 in OT? I wouldn't be crowing about that victory, my friend. Isles are making a habit of blowing 3-goal leads.

You will be out of contention shortly anyway, so I'm not sure why you're so amped. Regardless of how many leads the Islanders gave up, they lead the league in wins (2nd to Chicago after their win), and are tied for 3rd overall. How's 16th place?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
He was in a vulnerable position either way..... Orpik came full speed from half way to the blue line and Clutterbuck was a good 5' from the boards. If CC doesn't turn there, he's leaving on a stretcher.

5' would put him in front of the net. So no. He was about 1-2 ft from the boards, and Orpik was on a direct line with his shoulder. He doesn't turn, he takes a good solid hit and probably turns the puck over but no one is hurt and there's certainly not an undeserved penalty handed out.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
5' would put him in front of the net. So no. He was about 1-2 ft from the boards, and Orpik was on a direct line with his shoulder. He doesn't turn, he takes a good solid hit and probably turns the puck over but no one is hurt and there's certainly not an undeserved penalty handed out.

Yeah, ok.... do you see how fast he's moving? Give me a break

Besides, the fact that he's CLEARLY half way between the wall and the blue line behind the net means he's roughly 5' from the wall.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
It's pretty cut and dry, actually. How about we talk about both penalties given to Brock Nelson for absolutely no reason? How about the missed crosscheck on Okposo? Or the missed double minor on Nelson who has to leave for stitches?

Or, how about stop pissing and moaning and be happy your team got outplayed and left with a point.

How's it charging? Please explain, because I seem to recall people whining about this same exact thing with Wilson on Schenn and Shanahan said players have the right to go after the puck carrier and hit them, because you know, hockey.

Also here's one of Nelsons penalties where he didn't do nuffin:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
How's it charging? Please explain, because I seem to recall people whining about this same exact thing with Wilson on Schenn and Shanahan said players have the right to go after the puck carrier and hit them, because you know, hockey.

Also here's one of Nelsons penalties where he didn't do nuffin:

I'm not arguing anymore.... you people don't even know the dimensions of a hockey rink. Totally not worth wasting my breath.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
You will be out of contention shortly anyway, so I'm not sure why you're so amped. Regardless of how many leads the Islanders gave up, they lead the league in wins (2nd to Chicago after their win), and are tied for 3rd overall

Plan the parade, buddy. I'm sure the Isles are going all the way this year.

And I wouldn't say I'm particularly amped, either about this game or about the Caps overall. I just didn't think 'gifted' was accurate description for a team scoring three unanswered, even-strength goals in 3rd period to force OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland