GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/23/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Can someone explain to me why that tweet about Tavares was deleted? I honestly have no clue. That tweet was tame compared to what posters say here on HF.

Mar 26, 2010
[mod]

Oh yeah...routine on HF. All Toronto players are trash here.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Sophomore slump. Now he has to lead the team offensively while learning a new system. He's doing just fine, thanks for asking. Now go ask your grandfather what it was like for your team to win a cup.
It's been a generation since the Islanders last won theirs. Both of our teams haven't done jack in recent years. One of the two, however, is a lot closer.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Mar 26, 2010
I am not saying he is trash, I just think saying he is "unleashed" is ridiculous given that he seems on what I would consider a normal pace for him
All is good. We like him in Toronto.

42 points in 37 games. Above a PPG and on pace for 50+ goals.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He is currently on pace for 1.14 PPG. That would be his best season ever.
How is that normal ?

Since his second Season, Tavares only missed the top 20 in scoring twice. One season was when he was injured and missed 23 games(but he was on pace to finish second in scoring) the other he had 66 points but that still put him 28th in scoring. As I said before he finished one season 2nd in scoring and a one other top 10 in scoring.

If he is on pace to finish say top 20 in scoring but not top 10, how is that "better" then previous seasons(especially the second in league scoring one)

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Since his second Season, Tavares only missed the top 20 in scoring twice. One season was when he was injured and missed 23 games(but he was on pace to finish second in scoring) the other he had 66 points but that still put him 28th in scoring. As I said before he finished one season 2nd in scoring and a one other top 10 in scoring.

If he is on pace to finish say top 20 in scoring but not top 10, how is that "better" then previous seasons(especially the second in league scoring one)

You're not taking into account that scoring is massively up this year. Any other year and his numbers are closer to the top of the league.
Look at a team like Colorado. They have the super line that is putting points up like crazy, but they have lost 7 of their last 10 games.
Also Leafs are a more balanced team, and roll 3 lines fairly evenly. Tavares gets on average 2 minutes less than most of the players above him in the scoring race.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
17th, not 22nd.

Good way to "unleash" your lack of knowledge.

He was 22nd before tonight's game. There is also 4 guys who either have the same amount of points or 1 less that have played 2 less games them him(on a PPG basis he is 27th)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
You're not taking into account that scoring is massively up this year. Any other year and his numbers are closer to the top of the league.
Look at a team like Colorado. They have the super line that is putting points up like crazy, but they have lost 7 of their last 10 games.
Also Leafs are a more balanced team, and roll 3 lines fairly evenly. Tavares gets on average 2 minutes less than most of the players above him in the scoring race.

Still being 2nd in scoring(1 point behind the top player) is still 2nd in league scoring. I fully understand league scoring is up which is why context where he finishes in league scoring has to be factored into the equation(as opposed to say if he gets 87 points but finishes 15th in league scoring, trying to claim this is his best year ever, which technically would be true at a stats level)

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He was 22nd before tonight's game. There is also 4 guys who either have the same amount of points or 1 less that have played 2 less games them him(on a PPG basis he is 27th)

You never mentioned PPG.

He was in 17th when you made your comment.

Try again. Thanks.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He is currently on pace for 1.14 PPG. That would be his best season ever.
How is that normal ?

We are in a much higher scoring era. He’s on pace for 90 adjusted points which he matched once and topped once in Long Islamd. He’s also below 20th in scoring and I think he reached 20th or better like 3 or 4 times with the Islanders.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
We are in a much higher scoring era. He’s on pace for 90 adjusted points which he matched once and topped once in Long Islamd. He’s also below 20th in scoring and I think he reached 20th or better like 3 or 4 times with the Islanders.

He's also getting his lowest ice time since his rookie season.

DirkStraun

Aug 9, 2015

He is playing less minutes then ever and on a team that's second overall as opposed to the bottom feeder teams he has played on. I'm happy with the production as I'm sure all Leaf fans and the team is. [mod] Glad he made the right choice to sign here for less.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Saying Tavares has been unleashed is silly, unless it meant in terms of notoriety.

But people here are so simplistic in their evaluations. As if points without any context is all you need. His ice time is down and he's being used as more of a role player on the PP instead of one of the main weapons. He's been extremely productive 5v5 relative to his usual output. He's taking on a different role but he's just as effective as he's been in seasons where he was higher on the points leaderboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad