GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/23/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Ehh, I think I'll stay and watch the Leaves celebrate their tremendous win over the world-beaters from Detroit. I like hearing how good they are, how many awards they'll win, etc.. Never gets old.

Thanks for the invite though! :thumbu:

They didnt play well but found a way to win which good teams do.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea that’s just an objectively bad take.

He’s on a better goal scoring pace, but it’s not like he went from a 70 point player to a 100 point player or anything.

He went from a roughly PPG solid 2 way center to...a roughly PPG solid 2 way center. What an unleashing.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Ehh, I think I'll stay and watch the Leaves celebrate their tremendous win over the world-beaters from Detroit. I like hearing how good they are, how many awards they'll win, etc.. Never gets old.

Thanks for the invite though! :thumbu:
Mandellllllla!! Lmfao hahahah

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
How many points did he have at this point last year? Tavares is having his best year yet.

I think he started the season like 55 points in the first 42 games

In terms of "Best year" I would think finishing 2nd in scoring would be his "best year" despite the 86 points he had not looking impressive(it was impressive in comparison to the rest of the league)

ETA I looked it up 49 points in his first 39 games, 2nd in league scoring on Dec 31, 2017.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think he's happy in Toronto. Can you guys afford him?

He seems like a great weapon to have kinda lurking after the really big guns. As proven today, he can be the difference maker with his speed alone.
It'll be tight, but a bridge may work. His contract value keeps going up, since he's such a great player. Mantha might be the best comparable at this point

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
They didnt play well but found a way to win which good teams do.
No I agree. You guys just have such a loud voice on here, and combine that with your confidence, it gets to be a bit much at times.

You definitely have a great team, and could possibly go far in the playoffs. Any smack-talking I do is in the hopes that the cockiness will come down a notch, not out of disrespect to the team.. If I weren't a Bolts fan, I wouldn't have much room to talk, either way. I just like throwing jabs your way, because there are so damn many of you. ;)

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think he's happy in Toronto. Can you guys afford him?

He seems like a great weapon to have kinda lurking after the really big guns. As proven today, he can be the difference maker with his speed alone.
I expect us to give him a one or two year deal now for a very manageable cap hit. After this summer, cap space will start to open up for us. If he can be patient, we'll be able to retain him.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think he started the season like 55 points in the first 42 games
50. 22 goals and 28 assists.

Last year at this point, he had 48 points in 37 games. 21 goals and 27 assists. This year he's scoring at his best rate, and seems to be scoring at his best rate at ES/5v5, and his PP scoring is down due to the Leafs not running their PP through him to the same extent the Isles did.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not what you think, what did he have. He is on pace for 94 points, and 53 goals. He has always been good, but he is better in Toronto, being on a better tea. Has that effect.

Prediction. Tavares finishes with less then a PPG by season's end. It probably will be something like 79 or 81 points in 82 games but it will will be under a PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad