GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/15/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I know I'm biased, but the Devils taking 3 out of 4 points in a back to back without Hall, Palmieri, and Johansson is quite impressive.

We didn't get a lot of angles of the replay, but I found the one from MSG they showed it a few times and it looks like John's was going to push him on the shoulder and the side of the stick obscured by his body (Johns's left hand) came around and clipped Wood good.

It wasn't intentional, which is why they didn't get a 5 min and why the league shouldn't do anything more on it. However the MSG replay seemed to believe that Lindell got him further on the way down whereas the replay from the Stars angle showed Lindell stopped just before contact.

Makes sense why Stars fans were confused. Even after I saw Woods teeth I was wondering how it happened.

Link to the replay:

Wood Requires Trip to Dentist After High-Sticking From Johns

I was wondering too why Wood was laying on the ground. It didn't look like much at all at first, but then they showed him spiiting up blood on the bench. I actually initially thought he was embellishing.

Great save.

Probably would have been goalie interference anyways as I think he had Hanzal draped all over him, but great move to get that glove on it.

I didn't even notice that at first.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I like the music they are playing at the Wings arena. Johnny Cash, Garth Brooks, Dixie Chicks, not your typical arena junk. Thought I was watching a Preds game for a minute.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was wondering too why Wood was laying on the ground. It didn't look like much at all at first, but then they showed him spiiting up blood on the bench. I actually initially thought he was embellishing.

Then you saw the same replays we did. All I saw from the angle they showed was Johns' stick rolling up over Wood's shoulder, and then Wood dropping to the ground clutching his face like he'd been whacked by a sack of doorknobs.

Looked very much like an embellishment from Wood, right up until they showed that shot on the bench. :dunno:

I still don't think the NHL's going to review anything, though. Johns got his double minor, that's all.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Leafs unable to beat a hapless Detroit team is not what I expected after accidentally falling asleep on the coach.
Leafs of October being a top offensive team, playing kind of like the Houston Rockets, top in goals.
Leafs of December, lowest goals scored. And I believe a 1 goal scored avg minus the PIT game in the last 8-10 games.

Babcock should've been happy with the winning and let Andersen figure out how to stop being a sieve instead of implementing this system he's got us playing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad