Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
1. Was there a punch?
2. Did he pile drive him into the ice?
3. Was it from behind?

He ****ing knocked him over, yes, it was away from the puck but it wasn’t nearly as vicious. He knocked him down and give him a few pushes to the chest.

Like I don’t get how they’re even remotely close to the same thing.

Jesus man, I’m not saying they were carbon copy acts. I thought that would be obvious. I was talking about predatory non-hockey acts. “If” the TB player would’ve gotten seriously hurt somehow, then it would’ve been a similar situation.

Reactions: berlin

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Jesus man, I’m not saying they were carbon copy acts. I thought that would be obvious. I was talking about predatory non-hockey acts. “If” the TB player would’ve gotten seriously hurt somehow, then it would’ve been a similar situation.
You can legitimately say that about everything “non hockey”

You asked me what was different, I told you.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
A "rookie" boarded Russell from behind into the dasher board (no call was made after a few ticky-tack stick infractions had just been called against the Oilers). In response, Lucic hit the "rookie" away from the play and threw him to the ice. Both sets of fans are upset and chirping.
Why are you putting quote marks around rookie as if to mock the title? He is a 21 year old 190 pound rookie with 14 games of NHL experience. Yes, he is a rookie. He didn't only throw him to the ice, he punched him in the head after he hit him then punched his face some more when he was on top of him.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I know there is some advanced statistical model that says pulling the goalie with like 3:50 left when down by two goals is the way to go, but boy does it fail every time I watch it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why are you putting quote marks around rookie as if to mock the title? He is a 21 year old 190 pound rookie with 14 games of NHL experience. Yes, he is a rookie. He didn't only throw him to the ice, he punched him in the head after he hit him then punched his face some more when he was on top of him.

190 is very, very generous for Joseph. He's a lot close to 170.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I know there is some advanced statistical model that says pulling the goalie with like 3:50 left when down by two goals is the way to go, but boy does it fail every time I watch it.
I think its because teams see that they have about 4 min left so and they end up overthinking or playing too cautiously. When the goalies pulled with 1:30 left there is much more urgency imo.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The amount of the Lightning fans that have randomly shown up to this GDT and completely forgot what 2007-2010 was like for their team yapping uselessness in here is just insane.

Yeah, it's getting pretty bad. Not sure what their problem is.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
hahaha oh my. that was about as easy a goal as i've ever seen scored vs the Wild. wth Nino?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Why is Lucic still in the league? Edmonton wonders why they aren’t good at hockey. You continue to put players like Lucic out there.
To put the fear of god into the new punks of the league, but thats about it haha

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Willie Desjardins looks so nervous behind the LA bench. He's kind of bouncing around and fidgeting. I'm not sure if this is normal for him, but it's funny.

Last edited:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I was more ticked off at the attempted elbow to the head of Point by Draisaitle then anything else that happened tonight tbh.​

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
These Ducks jerseys are nice. The only thing bad is the primary logo patch on the shoulders. They need to dump that logo permanently.

Reactions: JerseyMike34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad