GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/4/19 - 4 games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Schmaltz with a beautiful turn coming out of the zone to set up the goal.

No idea what Darnell Nurse was doing defensively. Didn't take the shooter or the other guy on the two-on-one.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Neither of these is a penalty. When a guy is leaning into you, you're allowed to push back. Might as well call Draisaitl for using his free arm to hold back the defenceman if you think this should be a penalty.

You think Drai, the leading goalscorer in the NHL, wanted to put the defenders body between him and a clear cut break away?

LOL

You're joking, right?

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Well, I mean, yeah... the defender is going to, well, defend. Should he just have let Drai do as he pleases because he scores a lot of goals?

No, Anglesmith was saying Drai purposefully leaned on the slower defenceman instead of going around him. Why would he do that? He had the angle and speed on both.

Only reason he didn't get two clear cut 1 on 0's is because of blatant obstruction.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No, Anglesmith was saying Drai purposefully leaned on the slower defenceman instead of going around him. Why would he do that? He had the angle and speed on both.

Only reason he didn't get two clear cut 1 on 0's is because of blatant obstruction.

The point is that he didn't quite get the corner, so he tried to make a power move. Both players want that space goal-side. The defender is trying to push him to the outside, and Draisaitl is trying to get his left arm in front to lever him back.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Of course they are. They are allowed to hold on to guys like this without a penalty.

No mention of the Kassian hit to the head or Nuge running OEL from behind though right?

Have fun with your one line team. As soon as Connor and Drai were off the ice in OT it was pretty much a guaranteed win.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
No mention of the Kassian hit to the head or Nuge running OEL from behind though right?

Have fun with your one line team. As soon as Connor and Drai were off the ice in OT it was pretty much a guaranteed win.

The Kassian "headshot" is not a penalty or an illegal check to the head. He hits him square in the shoulder and then bounces through the chin.

As for the OEL hit from behind, you never mentioned OEL himself throwing Khaira or P.Russell from behind into the boards. So...

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
The Kassian "headshot" is not a penalty or an illegal check to the head. He hits him square in the shoulder and then bounces through the chin.

As for the OEL hit from behind, you never mentioned OEL himself throwing Khaira or P.Russell from behind into the boards. So...
I wouldn't waste your time with that guy

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You aren't calling this a headshot are you?

He goes straight through the left shoulder.

Not even close. Hit him directly on the chin.
You think Drai, the leading goalscorer in the NHL, wanted to put the defenders body between him and a clear cut break away?

LOL

You're joking, right?
You have a really weird definition of "clear cut breakaway." Oesterle was literally right beside him and maintained that position the entire way. I expect fans to be biased in what they THINK they see; I just don't expect them to be delusional.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Obstruction? You mean getting in the way of the guy with the puck? Sounds like pretty good defense to me.

Reactions: MrRuin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad