Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
NHL 26.JPG

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dobby probably in net tonight, as Dallas looks to set a franchise mark for consecutive wins.

Tall order though, Hawks have looked good as of late and it's in their barn.

Hoping for not a whole lot of Chelsea Dagger tonight. :laugh:

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
QUICK CLICKS

* Brad Marchand, Connor McDavid, Brock Nelson named NHL’s ‘Three Stars’ of the week
* Alexander Kerfoot suspended two games for boarding
* Mats Zuccarello celebrated by Rangers, fans in return to MSG
* Erik Cernak to have hearing for actions in Lightning game
* Thanksgiving Showdown highlights week in NHL

PREVIEW OF TODAY’S ACTION

Six teams are in action on the 102nd anniversary of the League’s founding, including an all-Original Six matchup between the Bruins and Canadiens at Bell Centre in Montreal – approximately 600 meters from the Windsor Hotel where the NHL was officially formed on Nov. 26, 1917.

Nov26-Schedule_media-25052531.png

* The NHL was founded following three days of meetings involving owners from the National Hockey Association – which suspended operations after one of its six teams, the Toronto 228th Battalion, had been called to fight in World War I during the 1916-17 season. As noted in the hand-written meeting minutes (pictured below), the owners decided “that the Canadiens, Wanderers, Ottawa and Quebec Hockey Clubs unite to comprise the National Hockey League.”

Founders Meetings-25052544.PNG

* Quebec’s entry into the NHL was delayed until 1919-20, but Toronto was granted a franchise and the League began with four clubs – the Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators and Toronto Arenas.

* Frank Calder was elected president of the NHL, which set forth with a 48-game schedule, with the first contests slated for Dec. 19, 1917. The League champion would earn the right to play the winner of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association for the Stanley Cup.

* The Wanderers played only four games before a fire destroyed their arena, causing them to forfeit two contests and eventually withdraw from play, leaving the Canadiens, Senators and Arenas to compete for the League’s inaugural title in a condensed 24-game schedule. The Arenas emerged and defeated the PCHA’s Vancouver Millionaires to become the first NHL team to win the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: devbouz12

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Shea Weber scores on the rebound to tie it 1-1, moves him up to 7th in points by defensemen this year and 2nd in goals

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
With Strome in the concussion protocol, Dach is slated to start between Kane and DeBrincat tonight

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN just got screwed. Simmonds touched the puck with a clear high stick in the neutral zone, resulting in a rush that ended up in goal. Boudreau challenged, and they lost, for some inexplicable reason, so they also got a penalty.

This touch was well above the shoulder, and you could see the puck change direction

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Montreal vs Boston is not what it was but enough sneaky physical players could make this interesting, if clean.

Another Pastrnak goal.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I hate Boston but I like Pasta

but I hate Montreal more so I’ll quietly cheer for Booerns

woohoo

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad