GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11/20/2023 | Its me again with 7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Are you talking about the liljegren play or something different? Because it's not remotely comparable
I could show you 100s of Marchand slew foot in the past 10 years. Hoglander does it once and it's attempt to injure and a match penalty

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The major would be fine if the league actually called it consistently to protect the players, but they dont

Reactions: jackjohnson

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
2 mins for sure, 5 mins major? Fine whatever

Match penalty for attempt to injure?? That's f***ing bullshit
This league is so biased it's funny. Never seen Marchand ever get an attempt to injure call in his NHL career and he has done it many times from back in the day til now. Salo had to retire because of Marchand and Marchand didn't even get a call

Agreed. How many of these would be match penalties?

That being said, I'm completely fine with the call. I think slewfoots are dangerous, I just want consistency and I'm surprised Hoglander got tossed for that.

The league just makes up rules as we go. Different standards for different teams and players I guess

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Agreed. How many of these would be match penalties?

That being said, I'm completely fine with the call. I think slewfoots are dangerous, I just want consistency and I'm surprised Hoglander got tossed for that.

Ok but how many of those are judo throws? It's a bit different from a leg sweep

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Ok but how many of those are judo throws? It's a bit different from a leg sweep
C'mon man, are you really going to argue technicalities?

Refs got it correct, that was a slewfoot and a slewfoot is dirty so it's an intent to injure.

That doesn't make it right
Yeah for Hoglander. For Marchand is called a hockey play.

The attempt to injure is complete BS. That's not trying to injure the guy, just taking him down and it resulted in an injury unfortunately. Not like LeBank wasn't doing anything when he kept hugging Hoglander

Hoglander slewfoots a guy and it's all Brad Marchand's fault

classic
That's the precedent bud. Unless you think every player should have their own rules lol

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The major would be fine if the league actually called it consistently to protect the players, but they dont
Watch Marchand do the same thing not get called while Edwards would be laying naked on the broadcast booth like a whale, clapping for Marchand

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Jesus Christ the amount of “but Marchandddddd” whiny whataboutism here is making my eyes bleed.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
2 mins for sure, 5 mins major? Fine whatever

Match penalty for attempt to injure?? That's f***ing bullshit
Well, the league also wants to avoid and limit actions which might lead to someone landing on their head / getting concussed. obviously it wasn't a truly violent move, but you have to set an example sometimes. head injuries are a major concern (and liability), for the league imo.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I mean Marchand is the most suspended player in NHL history lol

Really don't know where people get the idea he gets away with everything from.
Lots of his slew foots went uncalled or were called 2 min for "tripping"

I think the attempt to injure call is complete BS. So Hoglander wanted to Bertuzzi him or just wanted to take him down because he was annoying?? If every take down is attempt to injure then there would be lots of match penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad