GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/10/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
The PPG Paints Arena Screwjob

Anybody who watched the Wild @ Pens game tonight could see how unevenly officiated it was.

The refs didn't call a BLATANT tripping call from Staal on Letang which directly led to the game winning goal by Staal. They also refused to call a Wild player palming the puck and several other blatant penalties.

When the NFL or MLB referees miss a clear call that directly effects the outcome of the game, they formally publicly admit to it and apologize the next day. Will the NHL do the same tomorrow? No. This is a reason hockey will never compete with the big sports.

I demand an apology from Bettman tomorrow.:banghead:

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
No, no I don't think THAT is the issue. Sorry.

Why does every other sport publicly address when their ref's mess the game up but the NHL has never done this? If they would have called the blatant trip, the game would have gone to OT.

Your tears are delicious.

I mean, who cares? It's 1 game and 1 missed call.

the 2 points could be crucial come the end of the season, that's why. Baseball apologizes when things like this happen and they have double the amount of games as NHL.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Anybody who watched the Wild @ Pens game tonight could see how unevenly officiated it was.

The refs didn't call a BLATANT tripping call from Staal on Letang which directly led to the game winning goal by Staal. They also refused to call a Wild player palming the puck and several other blatant penalties.

When the NFL or MLB referees miss a clear call that directly effects the outcome of the game, they formally publicly admit to it and apologize the next day. Will the NHL do the same tomorrow? No. This is a reason hockey will never compete with the big sports.

I demand an apology from Bettman tomorrow.:banghead:

i confess i missed all of those but I did notice Coyle getting pulled down in front of the net with the puck nowhere near. The NHL for sure wants the Wild to triumph over the Penguins. There are memos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad