GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/30/19 - All Hallows Eve......... 's Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
What is it with older guys succeeding in Florida. I remember when Jagr had some life left in him at an older age in Florida and now everytime I see Boyle he is making a bit of a difference. I know Time Conquers all, but it seems like it moves slower in Florida.

Because mid 30s bros are youngsters in Florida.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Kovalchuk is such a shell of his former self. I haven't even noticed him playing tonight. Its sad.

He was one of my favourite players when he left, was hoping he'd have more success upon his return.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Kovalchuk is such a shell of his former self. I haven't even noticed him playing tonight. Its sad.

He was one of my favourite players when he left, was hoping he'd have more success upon his return.

Yeah, all he can do these days is show flashes of his former glory. He'll score a few with all-star caliber shots and make some nice plays but those are rare moments, 95% of the time he sucks.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
If quick wasnt playing it would be 10-0.Seems like the quick that played lights out a few years ago.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Yeah, all he can do these days is show flashes of his former glory. He'll score a few with all-star caliber shots and make some nice plays but those are rare moments, 95% of the time he sucks.

Even his shot. I'm sure its still there but how often is he in prime position to use it??

He used to fly & rifle shots from anywhere. But he's old so what can you expect I guess...

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
What is it with older guys succeeding in Florida. I remember when Jagr had some life left in him at an older age in Florida and now everytime I see Boyle he is making a bit of a difference. I know Time Conquers all, but it seems like it moves slower in Florida.

Both players still had a lot to give. Boyle had 18 goals last season. He's far from done. He's looked sharp since game one, with only a day of practice with the Panthers under his belt.

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
All the years i have been a fan of the canucks i have never seen them score at will like this.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The 4th goal went in off of him
they are being outshot almost 3 to 1

After that 4th goal he just stood against the boards staring into the abyss shaking his head the entire time.

I dont know if he can handle how bad the kings are going to be again.

If he wants the 12 million dollars he's set to make this year I guess he'll just have to buck up.

I really have no idea what you do if you're Rob Blake. Trade off your diminishing assets before they totally lose value would be the pragmatic approach but with 2/3rds of the league within a million or two of the cap who could even take them if they wanted to.

Trading Kopitar for like 2 or 3 grade A pieces might actually be his best option and sellout for youth.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
If it wasn't for Quick, the Canucks score 8-10 goals. He's played very well but the Canucks have been all over the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad