GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/3/19 | Day two !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames haven't won a season opener since 2009. This was expected.

Avalanche were pretty good but that missed high stick call on their goal was brutal. 4 officials one puck how the f*** do you miss that?

Reactions: JurassicTunga

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Flames haven't won a season opener since 2009. This was expected.

Avalanche were pretty good but that missed high stick call on their goal was brutal. 4 officials one puck how the **** do you miss that?

I guess they really are
61cIMCHTyfL._UX385_.jpg

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
The puck should have been dropped in the Ducks zone to start that crap.

Goalies messing with their straps started 2 or 3 years ago, and it's just gotten worse.

Soon (I hope), it'll be added that, like an icing your team cant change either.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I see the stats, 40 combined hits between ANA and ARI, but I haven't seen more than 2.

Hell, there hasn't even been body contact

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Kessel Keller and Stepan do look really good together though. They could have a very productive year as a unit.

Reactions: JerseyMike34

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
what the hell happened to Nick Schmaltz

sign the money deal and then mail the effort in via US postal Service?

was hoping to see him work out for the Yotes

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The avs weren't better, it's just that the flames can't win openers. Whatever soothes the burn.
I disagree, the score was close simply because Grubauer didn't face a shot in like 8 minutes of action, went cold, and then was asked to try and kill off a 5v3 for all the make up calls. Plus, Avs could've easily blown out the Flames by the first period if they capitalised on the three posts they hit just in the period.

Reactions: crue7

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I disagree, the score was close simply because Grubauer didn't face a shot in like 8 minutes of action, went cold, and then was asked to try and kill off a 5v3 for all the make up calls. Plus, Avs could've easily blown out the Flames by the first period if they capitalised on the three posts they hit just in the period.

Good point. This makes more sense than some statistical curse...

Reactions: S E P H

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Are the Penguins secretly / discreetly tanking?. They were really bad in their season (home) opener, vs a bad Buffalo Sabres team.
- especially their D looks super bad and Murray didn't play that well either

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
“Calgary feels like they got pushed around in the playoffs by Colorado last year. Feel like they need a physical presence. That’s why they brought in Lucic.”

Result: Lucic actively hurts their team against Colorado by taking a stupid penalty, Calgary still loses against Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad