GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/29/2023 | 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I mean I saw video on twitter of actual former NHL players saying the hit was not routine and dirty. I feel like their opinion may have more weight than a poster on HF.

Yeah I don’t get the routine play comments. Makar going back for the puck is routine, but that’s it. Not surprised to see former players upset about it, they know how create leverage on ice. It’s such a bad spot on the ice to pull that shit. Nothing Makar can do to protect himself as his feet are taken out from underneath him.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
In the shadow of the now infamous "Okposo on Makar Assassination Attempt" Buffalo's Goalie looks like a #1 goalie today. Against what the league and fans consider to be a top offense team.

The Sabres started slow, but appear to be finding their early stride as the youngest team in the league. Impressive.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I mean I saw video on twitter of actual former NHL players saying the hit was not routine and dirty. I feel like their opinion may have more weight than a poster on HF.
Well the refs/nhl, the people who actually make and enforce the rules, say it isn't a penalty. I'll take their opinion over some washed up, whiny former NHL players.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I’ll never forget where I was the day Cale Makar returned from a career threatening assault with one leg and no head to seal the 4-0 loss.

Move over Miracle on Ice.
Makar coming back in 3rd period reminds me of Willis Reed hobbling out from Madison Square Garden lockerroom and leading Knicks to 1970 NBA Championship

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
This entire thread is people whinging back and forth about the Makar play. It was a risky dangerous play but not dirty or intentional. Thrilled to see Makar back on the bench, no one wants to see star players seriously hurt.

Back to the game… Sabres pk and 5on5 play has been trending in the right direction. Limiting the Avs to 23 shots and an 0/6 PP is a quality win for us.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Go yell at him now.

I thought Toews explained it well. It’s a dangerous play in a dangerous spot, I don’t think it was malicious by any means but it’s a type of play you hate to see. Thankfully Makar appears to be fine, but that could and has ended a lot worse.

Last edited:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I thought Toews explained it well. It’s a dangerous play in a dangerous spot, I don’t think it was malicious by any means but it’s a type of play you hate to see. Thankfully Makar appears to be fine, but that could and has ended a lot worse.

In the mean time, high potential perennial Norris candidate and much better all around defenseman than Makar, Dahlin of the Sabres squares up the empty netter from behind the goal line marker to seal the game.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
In the mean time, high potential perennial Norris candidate and much better all around defenseman than Makar, Dahlin of the Sabres squares up the empty netter from behind the goal line marker to seal the game.

Is this supposed to trigger me or something? How do I react?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Is this supposed to trigger me or something? How do I react?
Demand a match penalty with a permanent GDT posting power play, a 12 GDT posting suspension, my right arm, left leg and half a lung?

That seems to be standard for a normal hockey post according to some Avs fans. At least, in what I've witnessed.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Demand a match penalty with a permanent GDT posting power play, a 12 GDT posting suspension, my right arm, left leg and half a lung?

That seems to be standard for a normal hockey post according to some Avs fans. At least, in what I've witnessed.

You are doing well. Keep going.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Panel on out door game is nauseating

Flames are a terrible hockey team.

Oils look fantastic

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Is that play on Makar a missed call? Didn't seem like much to me. Bednar was making a big deal of it in that recap highlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad