GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/29/2023 | 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Okposo could've stood in front of the net and allowed Cale to retrieve the puck. Still would've been a backcheck/allow a possible stick in the way.
Give it a rest already. Hockey players play to the puck. What Kyle did is standard in every game. Making it out as though his actions caused Makar's injury, is more than a reach.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If I were a fan of this player I would be directing my anger not at the soft glove resting on his back before they even pass the net…and towards the even softer response from teammates. No one wants to fight? No one wants to hit someone back? We just saw (allegedly) the most dangerous ill intent ever unleashed on the ice on your star player. No reaction?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
If I were a fan of this player I would be directing my anger not at the soft glove resting on his back before they even pass the net…and towards the even softer response from teammates. No one wants to fight? No one wants to hit someone back? We just saw (allegedly) the most dangerous ill intent ever unleashed on the ice on your star player. No reaction?

I was way more pissed about that really. Pathetic.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Okposo could've stood in front of the net and allowed Cale to retrieve the puck. Still would've been a backcheck/allow a possible stick in the way.
Sometimes I have to ask if someone has ever played hockey when weird things are said that make zero sense in a game.

Today I’m forced to ask…have you ever seen hockey?

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Sometimes I have to ask if someone has ever played hockey when weird things are said that make zero sense in a game.

I mean I see it on a penalty kill all the time, shorthanded teams players chases the player behind the net but stops up instead and stands in front of the goalie.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Good to see Makar back, pushing down on the top of the pants is a great way to take the legs out of a player. Hate when guys do it to a guy skating into the boards.

Reactions: Tralfamadore

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Okposo blocked that pass...

Some Colorado fans: 10 minute penalty, 6 game suspension!!!!

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver

So you'd be just fine if the scenario was reversed with Dahlin?

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I would be disappointed that Dahlin was injured/potentially injured, as Avs fans should be with Makar. But I'd be able to take my homer goggles off to admit that it was an unfortunate result to a completely routine hockey play.
I need to see a few more clips of it. I'm more annoyed that the whistle took so long. Anytime an injury happens on the ice, I always go back to Elias Pettersons slap shot to Calvert's head but Vancouver had possession so play continued.

Reactions: gallagt01

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I would be disappointed that Dahlin was injured/potentially injured, as Avs fans should be with Makar. But I'd be able to take my homer goggles off to admit that it was an unfortunate result to a completely routine hockey play.

I mean I saw video on twitter of actual former NHL players saying the hit was not routine and dirty. I feel like their opinion may have more weight than a poster on HF.

Reactions: Korpse

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I need to see a few more clips of it. I'm more annoyed that the whistle took so long. Anytime an injury happens on the ice, I always go back to Elias Pettersons slap shot to Calvert's head but Vancouver had possession so play continued.
I agree that the whistle should've gone right away.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I mean I saw video on twitter of actual former NHL players saying the hit was not routine and dirty. I feel like their opinion may have more weight than a poster on HF.
Lmao, ok, what are we doing here then? You're an HF poster too.

Whacky post.

It wasn't dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad