GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/29/2023 | 3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I thought Toews explained it well. It’s a dangerous play in a dangerous spot, I don’t think it was malicious by any means but it’s a type of play you hate to see. Thankfully Makar appears to be fine, but that could and has ended a lot worse.

Even as an Oiler fan I don't think there should be some standard that involves "protecting the stars" like they are untouchable.

It's very much a play where imo it shows why it helps to have a physical element to your team. There's a legal hit or nudge but you don't like it. So, drag the game into the sewer and goon it up. Fans on HF find it obnoxious unless it's their team.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Even as an Oiler fan I don't think there should be some standard that involves "protecting the stars" like they are untouchable.

It's very much a play where imo it shows why it helps to have a physical element to your team. There's a legal hit or nudge but you don't like it. So, drag the game into the sewer and goon it up. Fans on HF find it obnoxious unless it's their team.

It’s nothing to do with protecting star players, it’s just a dangerous play regardless. Similar to how Patrick Kane broke his collarbone years ago. Doesn’t look like much but it doesn’t take much to knock a player off balance when you push down near the top of the pants like that.

I agree teams are left to do something about it on their own because the league isn’t going to anything about it. And those are the types of plays that result in a response that fans usually don’t understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad