GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/26/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
When the opposing goalie has a .935 save %, and you have a .868 save %, it's going to be tough to win a game, no matter how good you play.
That’s fine. Bit you are totally giving zero credence the fact that the first goal was Gallagher winning a loose puck in the slot with 3 leaf players around him doing the statue, that two goals came from inexcusable turnovers and that the offensive support was sorely lacking. There were reasons(s) why the leafs lost to them, and to put at the top of that list, let alone blame him solely is a faulted synopsis of the game.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That’s fine. Bit you are totally giving zero credence the fact that the first goal was Gallagher winning a loose puck in the slot with 3 leaf players around him doing the statue, that two goals came from inexcusable turnovers and that the offensive support was sorely lacking. There were reasons(s) why the leafs lost to them, and to put at the top of that list, let alone blame him solely is a faulted synopsis of the game.

You're acting like Price didn't make some great saves either. He faced 2 on 1's, a lot of scrambles with Leafs getting the rebound. Him smothering the puck and not allowing a rebound, etc.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Why are you guys, Oilers fans, so obsessed with Toronto? We don't say "it's a great day, Oilers lost". Although, then it would be lots of great days.
Don't paint us all with the brush of a few posters...I could say lots about "Leaf fans" if that's the game we play.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I thought Hutchinson played well.

3 breakaway and 1 2 on 1 and another where the leafs let Gallagher walk by 2 leafs to get 2 chances.

1 of those breakaways you would have liked a save. Well, all of them, but still, Hutchinson wasn't the reason for the loss.

Is this the first game where Matthews didn't score on Price/Montreal ?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Why are you guys, Oilers fans, so obsessed with Toronto? We don't say "it's a great day, Oilers lost". Although, then it would be lots of great days.
I was born in Scarborough, I have family that are your kind and they’re annoying. Very simple.

Don’t get it twisted though, you just look at my name on this site and bring up the Oilers but I’m sure I speak for many others.

jaloviina

1-2-3 stars!
Dec 24, 2015
Bunch of Jerks Finland

Attachments

• Adam-Rabalais-Star-Wars-Propaganda-Book-poster-2.png
    Adam-Rabalais-Star-Wars-Propaganda-Book-poster-2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Leafs have no heart or character, here comes another 1st round lost. You can blame everything other than how bad your team is, but another wake up call is coming in April. Rinse repeat

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Leafs have no heart or character, here comes another 1st round lost. You can blame everything other than how bad your team is, but another wake up call is coming in April. Rinse repeat

It's okay, the Habs wake up call comes by Christmas.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
When the opposing goalie has a .935 save %, and you have a .868 save %, it's going to be tough to win a game, no matter how good you play.

When the opposing team has 3.59 expected goals and your team has 2.47 expected goals, it’s going to be tough to win a game, no matter how well your goaltender plays.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
When the opposing team has 3.59 expected goals and your team has 2.47 expected goals, it’s going to be tough to win a game, no matter how well your goaltender plays.

That's a lot closer of a game than the actual score reflected. Had it been a 1 goal game, the Leafs could have pulled the goalie and increased that expected goal mark.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Does your post trump mine ?

He's got a .904 save % in his Leafs career.

Andersen this season ?

Andersen is notorious for having bad Octobers though. I don't think people are arguing Andersen is playing well this month. Matching Andersen's worst month is not impressive.

Also, by the way, his career Leafs save % is .899 after this game.. so even that statistic isn't true.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You're acting like Price didn't make some great saves either. He faced 2 on 1's, a lot of scrambles with Leafs getting the rebound. Him smothering the puck and not allowing a rebound, etc.
Do you really want to compare Hutchinson and Price ?

Especially with Hutchinson receiving 7 more shots and having Barrie in front of him as a top 4 dman ?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
That's a lot closer of a game than the actual score reflected. Had it been a 1 goal game, the Leafs could have pulled the goalie and increased that expected goal mark.

And it still wasn’t a close game. Montreal had over 1 xG more than Toronto. This is despite the score effects that come from Montreal leading for most of the game.

On average, pulling the goaltender will increase your expected goals against far more than it will increase your expected goals for. And with how Toronto played this game, I highly doubt that they would’ve out-scores Montreal with the goalie pulled.

The Leafs just didn’t have the juice tonight outside of the second period. They were thoroughly outplayed by Montreal. This is exactly the kind of game where you shouldn’t even think about blaming goaltending on either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad