GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/24/2024 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I was actually about to change my mind, but then took another look.

Massive flop. He pushed him. Just touched him. Bad look

• Haha
Reactions: AlbOilFAN

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Hm it’s almost like the refs called a Blues goal back earlier in the game and it shouldn’t have gone to OT in the first place.

The Neighbours play on Cole didn’t affect the goal at all and is a play that happens in front of the net all game long and is basically never called.

Sorry I didn't mean to be disrespectful to the Blues. They made it hard around the crease & Hofer was sharp when they needed him to be, but towards the end of the game it was very much an effective rope-a-dope. And they were on a back-to-back too which isn't easy so credit to them.

And regarding the penalty, I was surprised they called it but ultimately its still a penalty.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
LA's fall from grace this year has been almost as stunning as edmontons return
I am more stunned by LA's fall from grace. EDM was always going to go on a run eventually, their underlying numbers were good during the tough start and there was always going to be an open spot or 2 in the Western playoff picture with many ''just OK'' teams populating that portion of the standings.

The Kings looked like an absolute machine for 2 months to start the season. And since then, just a complete disaster with no real meaningful injury to speak of.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Losing to Buffalo HAS to be a fireable offense, that’s like a free bingo win

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I am more stunned by LA's fall from grace. EDM was always going to go on a run eventually, their underlying numbers were good during the tough start and there was always going to be an open spot or 2 in the Western playoff picture with many ''just OK'' teams populating that portion of the standings.

The Kings looked like an absolute machine for 2 months to start the season. And since then, just a complete disaster with no real meaningful injury to speak of.

IIRC correctly their schedule might've been a little easier at the start of the year.

But still, your prob right, a freefall was definitely not expected. Rittich's numbers are pretty good too I'm pretty sure so its not even just goaltending.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Another possible buffalo win incoming which is going to just delay the inevitable of a loss coming up soon and granato losing his job. I dont know how a 1c like thompson is often not involved in any goals in a multi goal game, it is quite difficult to do. He desperately needs a more direct head down coaching style he has far to much talent but plays like hes in a video game this year.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Kings are in a free fall
Conroy needs to drop Blake a friendly hey how are ya want to buy some stuff text?

He's listed at 176lbs. Not sure if that's accurate or not but that's almost bordering on malnourished for his height. Especially in a game with as much contact as pro hockey.

I don't know how he gets the shot velocity he does. It's almost uncanny.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Kings fans going to get their wish. Can't see Todd M staying on much longer.He is holding them back.

The guy made the Kings trap and sit back when they were losing to EDM by 1 goal in a playoff game

Reactions: trilobyte

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Nah you can see his whining has irritated the refs, he’s constantly looking for a call and they caught onto it
Take a guess who has drawn the most penalties since McDavid came into the league.
1706162757978.png

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hughes becomes the 8th fastest defenceman to 300 hit points.

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Kings fans going to get their wish. Can't see Todd M staying on much longer.He is holding them back.

The guy made the Kings trap and sit back when they were losing to EDM by 1 goal in a playoff game
Let's hope not,.They have no chance of winning anything a long as he is the coach.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Take a guess who has drawn the most penalties since McDavid came into the league.
View attachment 810000
That's actually a low # for mcDavid. He is mugged most of a game, but the refs just turn the other way. EDM can outplay a team by a mile and never come out on top in PPs.

VAN is 8th in PP ooportunities

EDM is 22nd and EDM is a much better scoring chance generating team and possessions team. The reffing in general is usually a joke for every team in the NHL and the standards change night to night. It is what it is.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Offficials are trying to get LA back into the game. Doughty should have been called for tripping and Thompson gets called for nothing.

Doughty definitely should have gotten tripping, that was a picture perfect slide tackle

Thompson cross checked fiala right in the neck though, that one was as obvious as it gets

Not that we give a shit I wanted them to run it up more but I mean after 4 straight buffalo PPs they're definitely going to call a dangerous retaliation/anger play, it's pretty simple.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

i don't think blake gets a 4th coach man

AEG is so passive though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad