GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/23/19 - Only two games tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I wish Crosby would realize that it’s basically him out there. He needs to shoot more.

The fact that Aston-Reese is on our first PP is almost as big of a joke as Johnson/Gudbranson as the 3rd D.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It’s hard to say anything negative about the players and lineup the Penguins are pushing out.

I understand the team has absolutely no choice with how many injuries they have. And the AHL guys that are forced into the lineup, are actually playing hard and playing good hockey from what I can tell.

The only problem is their skill level. They can’t finish. It sucks to say but there’s a reason they are in the AHL. They simply aren’t good enough.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
How has Big Rig been for you guys?

Absolutely loved him as an Oiler.
I think he's still getting used to the team. He's been really good around the net, only problem is tampa has been over passing like crazy and not getting many shots on net which kind of takes maroon out of it.

However he's looked great tonight on the 4th line now that Paquette is back. Overall i'm happy with him.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think he's still getting used to the team. He's been really good around the net, only problem is tampa has been over passing like crazy and not getting many shots on net which kinds takes maroon out of it.

However he's looked great tonight on the 4th line now that Paquette is back. Overall i'm happy with him.

Yeah Maroon is a north/south type who is good at crashing and banging using his size.

Underrated hands and a great shot. I thought immediately he’d be a good fit with the Bolts, especially when games become more of a street fight down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Yeah Maroon is a north/south type who is good at crashing and banging using his size.

Underrated hands and a great shot. I thought immediately he’d be a good fit with the Bolts, especially when games become more of a street fight down the stretch and in the playoffs.
I mean to be fair, he was a guy we picked up specifically for the playoffs and not so much the regular season.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I mean to be fair, he was a guy we picked up specifically for the playoffs and not so much the regular season.

Exactly, he’s a guy you want in the fight when things get heated.

The biggest thing he’s actually a good hockey player and can play with skill as well. He’s got a good set of mitts on him and offensive instincts.

Reactions: Master P

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Exactly, he’s a guy you want in the fight when things get heated.

The biggest thing he’s actually a good hockey player and can play with skill as well. He’s got a good set of mitts on him and offensive instincts.

This is all wrong. Maroon is one of the fakest tough players in the NHL going back to his Edmonton days. His 'fights' are downright cringeworthy as he cowers in fear throwing the wimpiest of rabbit punches while spinning in circles. I imagine he learned the act with Lucic and Kassian there to legitimately enforce. His talent level is that of a 4th liner as well. He gets by on reputation from McDavid.

NBC continuing to mention his name as though he is a legitimate tough player needs to end.

That all said, what a refreshing change of pace to see emotion and a scrum in a game this season.

Keep it up Pittsburgh and Tampa.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This is all wrong. Maroon is one of the fakest tough players in the NHL going back to his Edmonton days. His 'fights' are downright cringeworthy as he cowers in fear throwing the wimpiest of rabbit punches while spinning in circles. I imagine he learned the act with Lucic and Kassian there to legitimately enforce. His talent level is that of a 4th liner as well. He gets by on reputation from McDavid.

NBC continuing to mention his name as though he is a legitimate tough player needs to end.

That all said, what a refreshing change of pace to see emotion and a scrum in a game this season.

Keep it up Pittsburgh and Tampa.

He had 11 points in 16 playoff games during the 2015 playoffs prior to playing for the Oilers.

He’s put up good offensive numbers in every league he has played in. The point is he brings more to the table along with being a pain to play against.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
This game is basically the Lightning having to play solid defense against the Crosby line and then they are in the clear the other 3 lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad