GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/22/19 - Double Digit Games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Shots were pretty close with about 10 minutes to play. The leafs were out of gas....

You might want to think theyre so dominant, but maybe they just lack talent to finish. Look at that roster past the first line. Its really not good at all.

Shots might have been close; the play on the ice wasn't.

Look, if you're satisfied with the way the Leafs played tonight and last night, then great. I think most people would be concerned. Hell, I'm concerned about TB right now, but we're not talking about a 3 point cushion with them.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Great.... took 3 of 4 points.

Even with tonights game, again, with the backup, road, back to back games, backup, the leafs took 2 of 4 points from the bruins.

You cannot be serious.

Bruins had their back up in the first game.

Missing Krejci and others.

Dominated both games largely.

It is a race for home ice, every point matters.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Leafs cant be worried with non playoff teams. They need to worry about themselves and the rest will take care of itself. They have too much skill to not take it up a notch

It's not like they have a disproportionate amount of skill to the rest of the league. I'm not sure why this makes Leaf fans so comfortable. They're giving all their money to a trio of players, and you just saw a better trio of players making a little over half as much.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You do know you get a point for it going to OT, lmao Bruins got one pt Saturday

Without Hutch this game was 6-2 and without Andersson last game Bruins win that one. Your goalies are holding the fort

Oh our goalies are holding the fort eh? Lol.

Before tonight they had the second worst sv% in the league and the highest expected goals for% in the league.

The goaltending has been terrible. Hutchison is absolutely twrrible and andersen always starts slow.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Before tonight they had the second worst sv% in the league and the highest expected goals for% in the league.

Are they giving up more quality scoring chances than the average team? Because it definitely seems like they are.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Shots might have been close; the play on the ice wasn't.

Look, if you're satisfied with the way the Leafs played tonight and last night, then great. I think most people would be concerned. Hell, I'm concerned about TB right now, but we're not talking about a 3 point cushion with them.
If your perceived play on the ice doesnt translate to chances perhaps there is a problem with the talent level.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

The goaltending has been terrible. Hutchison is absolutely twrrible and andersen always starts slow.

Total shots for 2 games were 85 to 59

Bruins hade 26 more, that tells me whose goalies kept them in it and the Leaf team dee is laughable

I will give you the back to back excuse that is a real thing

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Are they giving up more quality scoring chances than the average team? Because it definitely seems like they are.
Im no adbanced stats guy but apparebtlyvthats what expected goals factors in i think.

Goaltending has been off the charts bad. They need a backup badly. Thats probably the best game cantsave muchison has played and the first two goals were somewhat weak. Quite savable anyway.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think the Bruins are in a race for home ice. The Leafs might well be in a race for a bubble spot. I'm not so sure they improved anything at all.
Leafs will be hard pressed to make the play offs.

Since January 1st they have lost more games than they have won and are 9th in the east.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Im no adbanced stats guy but apparebtlyvthats what expected goals factors in i think.

Goaltending has been off the charts bad. They need a backup badly. Thats probably the best game cantsave muchison has played and the first two goals were somewhat weak. Quite savable anyway.
/
Babs needs to play Anderson against the best team in back to backs. Stop f***ing around. Who does he think he is Michelle Therrien>?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
/
Babs needs to play Anderson against the best team in back to backs. Stop ****ing around. Who does he think he is Michelle Therrien>?
And maybe lose both?

I dont know. Argument can go both ways.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

Uhh those first two goals look the result of massive defensive failures.

Pastrnak skating uncontested BACKWARDS into the crease getting a free shot; that piss poor effort preventing the cross ice pass, and it looked like he quite possibly could have been screened by his defender standing there.

Goalie stats can be heavily influenced by the team in front. I’ve only seen this game so I’m not saying how it is for the Leafs, but if I had to guess based on this game..

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How do the friggin' Oilers get shut out in back to back games?

I would have bet a lot of money before the season against that happening.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
How do the friggin' Oilers get shut out in back to back games?

I would have bet a lot of money before the season against that happening.

Their entire bottom 6 is on pace for like 8 goals total this year. I don't care what their record says, that is not a good hockey team.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Every time I watch Jack Eichel, I'm shocked he hasn't put up huge points yet. Kid has an unreal skillset.

They’ve spent most of his career trapped in their own end without a D who can get a puck out. He was pretty much their only guy who could enter the offensive zone for his whole elc. Last year they got Dahlin who could get it out and Pilut who kept getting scratched by the terrible coach...and later added Montour. Now they added Joker and Miller who can do it too. Problem is he’s still mostly saddled with Ristolainen and McCabe...the pair that struggles mightily with it.

Reactions: DFC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad