GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/20/19 - 5 Games Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Mcdrai lay a huge stinker tonight. Schedule and TOI starting to catch up to them?

Hard to show off how skilled you are when you're playing with one of these in ice that amounts to a mixture of Slush, asphalt, and regular ice.

sprong-cone-dome-ball-45.jpg

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Triggered posters are always the best posters.

Good game. Could have been 6-5 either way if the goalies didn't make some great saves and guys on both sides didn't miss the net. More exciting than the shot total showed. So many misses.
It wouldn’t have been 6-5. 1-0 maybe 1-1OT.

The way the jets were playing, we do need a shot clock.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Is the ice normally this bad? The puck was bouncing all over the place and players were falling constantly.

The Moose played Friday and Saturday, and we played Thursday, so 4 straight nights of hockey. It's generally pretty average, not great, not terrible, but if it gets more use the puck turns into a tennis ball lol.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Try and rewatch the game when you're sober.

I can't quite think of something more hilariously inane than thinking the team that gives up the most high danger chances and goals in the league is a trap team.

Are you just bitter?
All of us Oilers fans and are sober. Many others agree. You guys employed the 1-3-1 better than the Devil, you see?

Last edited:

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Mcdrai lay a huge stinker tonight. Schedule and TOI starting to catch up to them?
Bet some of the guys have the flu. They looked dead from puck drop TBH. SMith a few got it already before. Connor usually has a little stretch where he looks off. Today was the worst.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
All of us Oilers fans and are sober. Many others agree. You guys employed the 1-3-1 better than the Devils.

"All of us Oilers fans and are sober."

Yeahhhh.

I guess that's why we gave up so many odd man chances this game, because we were playing a trap.

Jesus christ it's hilarious how gotten to people are over something that didn't happen. I wish we could play defense well enough to properly trap teams. We can't. We only beat you because the guys covering for odd man rushes managed to do enough to hold you off.

But we trapped.

Lol.

Reactions: Saitama

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
As an Oilers fan, you sure do have quite the soapbox you're standing on.
What does this even mean? Because I'm an Oilers fan I can't say how shitty, repugnant and desperate the Jets trap is?

Enjoy your 1 game winning streak.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Oilers fans do know what it’s like to sit through unwatchable hockey.
Bad hockey =/= Boring bad hockey

Jets are the latter. At least the opposing team had some excitement when they scored 5-6 on the Oilers last year.
I get it. You have no defense and lost 3 in a row prior to this game, Maurice was going to do everything in his power to bore out a win and he did. So good for him.

f*** the Jets.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Go to your team's board if you can't discuss the game civilly. Further posts will be subject to an infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad