GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/20/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2016
Yakupov is so explosive. can't believe Oilers let him go.

Eakins ruined him after a decent rookie season not to mention Yakupov requested a trade. He's talented enough to salvage a career in the NHL but it wasn't
going to be in Edmonton.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dallas could be in even bigger injury trouble now. If Sharp and Eaves miss time there's only like 6 decent forwards left. Everything else is prospects who aren't ready or 4th line grinders ...

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Pretty dirty play by Larsson. Can't even say that he was bumped into Markstrom, should have gotten more than 2.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Eakins ruined him after a decent rookie season not to mention Yakupov requested a trade. He's talented enough to salvage a career in the NHL but it wasn't
going to be in Edmonton.

Not really. Yak had barely any points in his rookie season until the last month where he got hot. He was on pace for his usual 30 points over 82 games before the last month. Eakins definitely had an impact, but the majority of what he is today is on Yak, no one else.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
For sure. Need the backups to make good saves. Budaj could have stopped two of them tonight

Budaj is okay for short bursts, but he's no long-term solution. Really curious how far Lombardi will go to save the season, because relying on a backup to play most of the games almost guarantees you'll miss the playoffs.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Jake Allen has to be No.1 star in the Oilers-Blues game.

Yakupov with a good game :)

Talbot was better. So frustrating.

I don't care if it's Hasek, I HATE being on the losing end of a goalie stealing a game. I'd rather see my team get their ***** kicked.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yakupov is so explosive. can't believe Oilers let him go.

To be fair, he walked around one of the slowest guys in the league.

A lot of "why didn't Yak ever play like this for us?" in Edmonton tonight. Probably because other teams generally didn't leave him wide open in the slot to score, and didn't have guys like Gryba on the ice.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Talbot was better. So frustrating.

I don't care if it's Hasek, I HATE being on the losing end of a goalie stealing a game. I'd rather see my team get their ***** kicked.

Allen was the better goalie tonight, so... don't know where you're getting "stealing a game" from.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Allen was the better goalie tonight, so... don't know where you're getting "stealing a game" from.

Both teams had a bunch of point blank high danger scoring chances, which is saying something because the Oilers have NEVER had that kind of game against the top Western teams in the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad