Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
SCF
Nsh = 22
Tor = 29
HSCF
Nsh = 8
Tor = 16

Not hitting the net and a good goalie were the difference.. Does everyone in this thread just stat watch?
I watched the game. I don’t agree that those stats were representative of the play. You won’t win many games with 18 shots on net in three periods.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
How come you didn't post for the last game?

You must have missed it. I did. Didn't know I had to post every night. Ok..Preds play a heavier game, there is a reason why they are #1 GA. But it is the Leafs not playing well according to you. Give them credit. They showed the Leafs how to play a textbook game tonight.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I watched the game. I don’t agree that those stats were representative of the play.

Okay, well we must have watched two different games. Leafs outplayed them the first two periods, Nashville outplayed them the third.. was pretty obvious and the stats back that up.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If Calgary wins tonight they'll be in 2nd place in the league with 58 pts. Get er done boys!!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
A surgical win by the Predators
giphy.gif

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
You must have missed it. I did. Didn't know I had to post every night. Ok..Preds play a heavier game, there is a reason why they are #1 GA. But it is the Leafs not playing well according to you. Give them credit. They showed the Leafs how to play a textbook game tonight.

I know...only for Leaf losses.
I guess I won't see you Thursday, unless they lose.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Okay, well we must have watched two different games. Leafs outplayed them the first two periods, Nashville outplayed them the third.. was pretty obvious and the stats back that up.
18 shots on net in three periods won’t win many games.
With Rinne in net it’s simply not enough offense.

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
Anybody who watched the game would know it was a closer game than the score/shots indicated. I thought Leafs were better in the first two periods, Nashville clearly outplayed the Leafs in the third.

Oh well, two great teams going at it, no shame in losing to a team like the Preds.

Where did that flyers comment go? :popcorn:

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Well done Preds. You shut out the Maple Fleas. The deficit stays a 10 points for the Toranna Fleas.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Holy shit, how is Vegas tied for second?

They've must of had a sexy past couple of weeks.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
What was that Petry?!? Blind backhand spinning pass in your own zone? I swear the Wild only score if it's a soft goal and/or a horrendous turnover. Better to be lucky then good I guess.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Preds forwards are definately in lower class then the Leafs forwards but they play a grinding game thats tough for Toronto’s defense. Main reason the Preds won was Rinne+ good defending.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
They outchanced them in the 1st and 2nd pretty clearly. Keep scoreboard watching if you want

The old out chsnce excuse. Well you know what they say about paper victories, but I rarely hear this from Leafs fans when Andersen steals games. Rinne was good, but he didn't steal this game. The Preds were better. Their Defence corps is the best in the NHL if not 1-2 in the NHL. They were always in control, great sticks too breaking up the Leafs predictable cross ice pass. I think the better teams have caught on. If Leafs do not learn to win heavier games, they will be known as a one dimensional rush stretch pass team IMO.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
The old out chsnce excuse. Well you know what they say about paper victories, but I rarely hear this from Leafs fans when Andersen steals games. Rinne was good, but he didn't steal this game. The Preds were better. Their Defence corps is the best in the NHL if not 1-2 in the NHL.

Usually when the Leafs get great chances they will pot a couple. It happens its only one game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad