GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
He had been getting held, tripped and slashed multiple times on every shift without the refs doing anything. So eventually he decided to see what he could to convince the Nucks to start playing hockey instead of the DPE bull**** that they were doing. It backfired on him but I'm glad he did it, the refs won't do their jobs then it's up to you take the rules into your own hands.

Hopefully MacK having to leave the game makes the league actually pay attention to how pathetic these refs have been today.

Lol that MacKinnon play didn't convince the Nucks nor the NHL of anything.

Injuries happen, DPE (Don't Post Enraged) my friend...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lol that MacKinnon play didn't convince the Nucks nor the NHL of anything.

Injuries happen, DPE (Don't Post Enraged) my friend...

Injuries happen and I don't blame the nucks at all; MacK hurt himself because he was frustrated to the point of full berserker-dom. Plus the refs were letting them obstruct, hold and slash; and it was successfully keeping MacK from really imposing himself on the game. So the only reason for them not to have continued would have been if the refs had gotten their heads out of their asses and actually started calling some penalties that they were letting slide on both ends before the chipiness took hold & started to get out of hand.

Sure MacK wasn't successful in making his point; but as an avs fan it was good to see he has the fight in him to try and take matters into his own hands once he realized that the refs were gunna do f*** all.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Injuries happen and I don't blame the nucks at all; MacK hurt himself because he was frustrated to the point of full berserker-dom. Plus the refs were letting them obstruct, hold and slash; and it was successfully keeping MacK from really imposing himself on the game. So the only reason for them not to have continued would have been if the refs had gotten their heads out of their asses and actually started calling some penalties that they were letting slide on both ends before the chipiness took hold & started to get out of hand.

Sure MacK wasn't successful in making his point; but as an avs fan it was good to see he has the fight in him to try and take matters into his own hands once he realized that the refs were gunna do **** all.

Fair enough, I'm a huge MacKinnon fan to be honest... and it wasn't great refereeing to be sure.

And as long as I'm being honest, I can't help wondering what your DPE stands for? (smile)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fair enough, I'm a huge MacKinnon fan to be honest... and it wasn't great refereeing to be sure.

And as long as I'm being honest, I can't help wondering what your DPE stands for? (smile)

I just couldn't get over how few f***s those refs seemed to give about even trying to get control of the game until after MacK left. They didn't even try to keep the frustration & agitation from simmering.

And I meant the dead puck era...though I gotta admit, I did really enjoy "don't post enraged" :laugh: Maybe it was seeing MacK channeling his inner Forsberg when his rage consumed him and he hurt himself while blinded by fury; but this whole game made me feel like I was back in the bad old "Derian-Hatcher-draping-himself-on-the-back-of-the-opposition's-star as a viable defensive strategy" days.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I just couldn't get over how few ****s those refs seemed to give about even trying to get control of the game until after MacK left. They didn't even try to keep the frustration & agitation from simmering.

And I meant the dead puck era...though I gotta admit, I did really enjoy "don't post enraged" :laugh: Maybe it was seeing MacK channeling his inner Forsberg when his rage consumed him and he hurt himself while blinded by fury; but this whole game made me feel like I was back in the bad old "Derian-Hatcher-draping-himself-on-the-back-of-the-opposition's-star as a viable defensive strategy" days.

Yeah you're not wrong my friend, hopefully Mack's injury is not too serious, peace out...

Reactions: cgf

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
People think getzlaf turtled? Refs jumped in right away he didnt have a chance to turtle

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The bench not giving Smith the signal to come off but him doing it anyway, while having a mini freak out, and LV getting an EN shortly after was top knotch.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Is Backes' shoulder intangible? Because the only way, based on that gif, for Ritchie to make direct contact with his head without going through the shoulder is if it's intangible.

More likely, the quality of that gif is so poor that you can't see the contact with the shoulder.
EDIT: indeed shoulder it is (=the main contact point), not the head.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Its funny, I froze it at the initial point of contact and it seems his shoulder did infact make contact with backes shoulder. Just that it was a late hit so Backes wasnt aware of it and couldnt brace.

"Initial point of contact" isn't a priority in rule 48.1 (Illegal check to the head). As a matter of fact, it's not even mentioned at all.

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Ill send a direct message to him and let him know that Fatty Mclardy has a memo for him. Marchand enjoys being a villian. Bruins fans arent happy with. There will always be knuckleheads who argue against it. Got to realize that a fanbase is not based on the 5 same posters that jump to main board crying innocence.

Why on earth do you think that you can speak for the whole Bruins fan base? Speak for yourself. "knuckleheads"? Disrespectful.

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Lol, you're probably a fan that wasn't even born for a single one of them. And if you are, good for you.

Lets talk present, you're at the bottom.

Yes, I watched all 5 Cups being raised by the Boys on the Bus.

I wasn't the one who brought up the past. I was talking about the Oilers present 7 game win streak against the Flames when the past history of the Battle of Alberta was referenced.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's crazy. I was expecting Anaheim or SJ to take the title. They are just not slowing down.

Edit: I just realized I replied to a user name Han Solo. Dad? :laugh:
We've had numerous back and forths. I'm surprised it took you this long.

That shit on Starkiller Base wasn't cool, kiddo.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
We've had numerous back and forths. I'm surprised it took you this long.

That **** on Starkiller Base wasn't cool, kiddo.

What I mean is that I recently changed my username and now it's strange replying to you.

Sorry. My finger accidentally clicked on the ignition switch.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This family reunion is heart warming and all (though probably not as much as the first reunion warmed Han's heart). Still, a GDT for today would be nice, too.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
It's ridiculous how the Sharks lost the lead in Pittsburgh. They led 2:1, and Burns passed to ...a Penguins' player, and the game was tied. Then Jones passed to a Penguins' player, and the team from California was already one goal behind the opponent. What a generosity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad