GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You're allowed to hit a player who doesn't have the puck on his stick?

Absolutely. Rule 56.1 Interference

Possession of the Puck:
The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession.

No other player had touched the puck when he was checked, so he was still technically in possession of the puck and thus eligible to be hit within that "immediate" window. Someone needs to do a realtime analysis between the time and when contact was made to see if it was in the allowable window, as looking at all the slow motion replays is pointless.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Absolutely. Rule 56.1 Interference

No other player had touched the puck when he was checked, so he was still technically in possession of the puck and thus eligible to be hit within that "immediate" window. Someone needs to do a realtime analysis between the time and when contact was made to see if it was in the allowable window, as looking at all the slow motion replays is pointless.

That wasn't immediately IMO.

Keenan87

Nov 10, 2008
I love how at this point both Oilers and Flames have shit the bed this season. However, the bickering continues. Both teams are shit... lets be in a playoff spot before we go all rivalry.

This is from a Flames fan - This loss really stung but seriously? Neither Flames or Oilers are in a position to gloat.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Please be okay MacKinnon....

At least it reminded the refs that they actually have a job to do out there and they've started remembering some of the rules to this game of "hoe-kay" that someone told them about during the intermission :mad::mad::mad:

That all happened because the refs let Vancouver play MacK like this was the height of the DPE. Hacking, grabbing & tripping him all shift long on every shift. So MacK channeled his inner Forsberg and injured himself while full berserker. *sigh*

I think this is the fist time I've ever bitched about the refs on HF; but in all the time I've been posting here I've never seen a crew give this few f***s about actually enforcing the rules or keeping any sort of control over the game. I've seen 4th division soccer refs in germany that were better at controlling a game and remembering the rules than these jokers.

Their utter incompetence has me seething. Not because it hurts my team, but because it's just wreckless; especially in a sport that's as dangerous as hockey already is. This type of sustained negligence is how Bertuzzi-on-Moore's happen.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
MacKinnon Tried too hard to take a run there and hurt himself

He had been getting held, tripped and slashed multiple times on every shift without the refs doing anything. So eventually he decided to see what he could to convince the Nucks to start playing hockey instead of the DPE bullshit that they were doing. It backfired on him but I'm glad he did it, the refs won't do their jobs then it's up to you take the rules into your own hands.

Hopefully MacK having to leave the game makes the league actually pay attention to how pathetic these refs have been today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad