GDT: HFBoards GDT: 1/22/2024 | The same ammount of games as yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I will never understand that trade. The guys they gave away give Edmonton fits in the playoffs and are good players. PLD has always been the same guy.

Ehhhhh. Honestly the guys shipped out almost to a tee were physically dominated in the playoffs and looked soft against us. Still decent players but.. I’m almost certain Blake saw that and saw what Eichel could do against McDavid so he went and did the PLD trade. To try and copy that template and to move some weak(small) links off the team.

Obviously it hasn’t worked, but that was his mindset.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Ehhhhh. Honestly the guys shipped out almost to a tee were physically dominated in the playoffs and looked soft against us. Still decent players but.. I’m almost certain Blake saw that and saw what Eichel could do against McDavid so he went and did the PLD trade. To try and copy that template and to move some weak(small) links off the team.

Obviously it hasn’t worked, but that was his mindset.
Pld is.no eichel..

Reactions: Fatass

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
PLD is on pretty much the same pace as he was in his first season with the Jets. He was better in the next 2 seasons, but he's a 60 point guy, that some GM looks at and see his size and thinks he can fix him into a 100 point guy.

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Sharks and Kings going to a shootout. I have a feeling TMac is gone at the end of the homestand. They won't fire him ahead of the Kopitar game on Wednesday.

Sharks win.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Sharks and Kings going to a shootout. I have a feeling TMac is gone at the end of the homestand. They won't fire him ahead of the Kopitar game on Wednesday.

Sharks win.
Rob Blake already said he's staying and it's on the players to fix things.

Rob Blake ruined the Kings again!

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Rob Blake already said he's staying and it's on the players to fix things.

Rob Blake ruined the Kings again!

He's not going to come out and say he's going to fire the coach, no GM ever does that. They always say the coaches job is safe and then they are gone within a week or two.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
He's not going to come out and say he's going to fire the coach, no GM ever does that. They always say the coaches job is safe and then they are gone within a week or two.
package deal at this point, i think getting rid of todd would require AEG caring enough about the team to clean house, luc and blake included

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
if you dont get canned winning 5 games out of 22 with a capped out 'contender' with dwinding assets I'm not sure what will do it

There's not many other ways to lose games. Home, road, multiple blown leads, vs. contenders, vs. lottery teams...they've perfected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad