GDT: HFBoards GDT: 1/22/2024 | The same ammount of games as yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Gotta give CHI credit. Game could easily be tied right now. Good game by them. Like a lot of teams, they got worked the first 5-10 min. Think Canucks are the best team in first periods. Then they usually tail off.

Numbers always favor the team that scores first.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Keep this up and we are both going to the slammer.

You maybe…. I got one of these…

IMG_3859.jpeg

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Gotta give CHI credit. Game could easily be tied right now. Good game by them. Like a lot of teams, they got worked the first 5-10 min. Think Canucks are the best team in first periods. Then they usually tail off.

Not sure which Chicago team you’re watching, it sure isn’t the one playing against Vancouver in the NHL

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What exactly does PLD do? I’m being serious

Hit? Nope
Score? Nope
Transition the puck? Nope
Shots on goal? Nope
What about faceoffs? Nope
You go to the NHL EDGE, he doesn’t get many touches of the puck

WTF is this guys purpose
Guy is the Tony Snell of the NHL
IMG_9480.jpeg

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Those three games where your team got outscored 18-6 has scarred you for life man.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The issue is talking math in a sports game.

The only math that matters is scoring more goals than your opponent.
There is a reason teams aren’t rushing to heavily invest to huge analytic programs, they are easily disproven. It’s a “flavour of the month” schtick

They are good to a certain point, but beyond that they are too random

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant

I'll give you a bit of a pass because you are probly a younger fan, but that was an energy management game. Worked hard in the 1st for a 2-0 lead, then put it in cruise control for a fairly easy shutout win. It you want to maintain a plus .700 winning percentage, you have to manage your energy in a long 82 game season.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'll give you a bit of a pass because you are probly a younger fan, but that was an energy management game. Worked hard in the 1st for a 2-0 lead, then put it in cruise control for a fairly easy shutout win. It you want to maintain a plus .700 winning percentage, you have to manage your energy in a long 82 game season.
Do what you need to, then just maintain the next couple periods. No disrespect to Chicago but Vancouver was never in any danger.

Chicago is hurting right now with the long list of injuries they are trying to play through

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Do what you need to, then just maintain the next couple periods. No disrespect to Chicago but Vancouver was never in any danger.

Chicago is hurting right now with the long list of injuries they are trying to play through

I do think Chicago played pretty well though, considering the lineup. They didn’t give the Canucks much room after the second goal, though the Canucks didn’t really force the issue either

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I do think Chicago played pretty well though, considering the lineup. They didn’t give the Canucks much room after the second goal, though the Canucks didn’t really force the issue either
Absolutely, they held their own. They never backed down and fought a solid 60 minutes

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What exactly does PLD do? I’m being serious

Hit? Nope
Score? Nope
Transition the puck? Nope
Shots on goal? Nope
What about faceoffs? Nope
You go to the NHL EDGE, he doesn’t get many touches of the puck

WTF is this guys purpose
Guy is the Tony Snell of the NHL
View attachment 808550

Bro, he eats at Nobu Malibu. That’s what he does. Leave the kid alone, he’s in LA for the lifestyle cause that’s what “Prefers Lifestyle” Dubious does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad