GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/22/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
man you CAN NOT lose a game in the central division. go for anything beyond a 2 game losing streak and its a unmitigated disaster
Years ago we'd wait till around February to really start scoreboard watching and worrying about the standings. These days we start worrying about that $#@& from the first game on. Feels like 82 must win games.

Reactions: cgf

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Years ago we'd wait till around February to really start scoreboard watching and worrying about the standings. These days we start worrying about that $#@& from the first game on. Feels like 82 must win games.
One of Dallas, St Louis, Colorado or Minnesota will miss the playoffs. They will probably be the best team to miss the playoffs in years.

Minnesota or Colorado would be second in the Metro.

Last edited:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
One of Dallas, St Louis, Colorado or Minnesota will miss the playoffs. They will probably be the best team to miss the playoffs in years.
Tampa Bay missed last year. Yes Tampa Bay, the same team that's been destroying the league all year except the past 5 games.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Do something Flames...

I hate breaks, looking forward to February where they just play nonstop. They always play better when busy.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Anyone got a clip of the Lazar fight. I looked away and didn't see them hit the ice.

Is the sabres guy alright?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Man he can fly, has a bit of skill too.

Kid's also got ridiculous drive off the ice & in training; one of my buffalo friends called him a mini-ROR at the time of the trade and the more I've watched him the more I get why she said that. I really try to temper my expectations with him, but seeing him in that 37 makes it so hard not to think of Drury sometimes.

At some point I'd like to see how the top line would do if Compher was put in Rantanen's spot and Mikko got to drive the action on his own line...at some point...
Toronto was probably the most difficult game in this 10-game span. First team that could contain MacKinnon.

It was this game or the one against the Ducks.
Looking forward to Avs Golden Knights first round series.
I think you mean "Avs - Golden Knights WCFs" :sarcasm:

Last edited:

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I'm surprised that Domi got away with putting Beauvillier in a headlock and crosschecking him on a delayed penalty. How does that even happen? How do you not call any of that?

Of course Isles lose in OT :/

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Back to reality for the Flames. Reminds me of when Philly won 10 straight last year, then played a couple low-scoring OT games and the wheels came off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Back to reality for the Flames. Reminds me of when Philly won 10 straight last year, then played a couple low-scoring OT games and the wheels came off. Edmonton licking their chops now.

Like for next game or do you actually think you can make the playoffs?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That Eichel shot went in so fast there isn’t much you can do with it but get lucky.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone got a clip of the Lazar fight. I looked away and didn't see them hit the ice.

Beaulieu's knee buckled funny and he bounced his head off the ice, then Lazar landed on his head. I doubt he's okay.

That said, they're 6-6-2 without him in the lineup, so it's perhaps a blessing in disguise. I do hope he's okay though, hate seeing someone messed up long-term.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Beaulieu did not look good. Didn't return to the game.
Not that I ever want to see a player get injured, but I can't say I'll miss watching him play if he's out for a bit.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
mike-babcock.jpg

If looks could kill..........:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad