Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Good game with good pace.
Colorado plays an entertaining brand of hockey. A couple of the young Leaf forwards (Matthews and Marner) with defensive mistakes that ended up in the back of the end. But could have gone either way.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'll just say I'm glad we play in the west away from Toronto. Matthews is a great player but good God Sportsnet guys were blowing their load over everything he does.

Outside of a few shifts in the second I thought he was just ok tonight too.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Couldn't agree more, they called this one back on us last game.

QW2FmwQ.gif
So they got the call right? Did they call the regular interference on Tkachuk for draping himself over the defenseman as well?
He wouldn't be draped over him if Hendricks didn't decide to pull up, or are you unaware of physics ?

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Leafs getting burned by 4th liners tonight
That's the modern NHL for you. Refs keep them in it with the reversed call and then the Avs pot a couple garbage goals after being outplayed.

Dermott with another fantastic game sans that one miscue with Matthews. Have to agree with Millard; kid's going to be a high impact NHLer.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Landeskog doesn't pass the puck to MacKinnon when the guy is on the running for the Art Ross??

Shouldn't be on his mind in that situation. Tight game, Leafs were buzzing - just get it in the net and seal the win. Don't risk some stupid empty net miss happening. MacKinnon was also hanging way back, looked like he was more interested in making sure nobody caught Landeskog / there was a fallback option if Landeskog missed. If he wanted it he could have stepped up.

Good game by the Leafs. Shut down MacK brilliantly all night, Kadri is a beast. The rest of the Avs team stepped it up, which is really nice to see.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Toronto was probably the most difficult game in this 10-game span. First team that could contain MacKinnon.

Reactions: cgf

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Avs are a great young team, and very entertaining. Not sure whether they deserved the win tonight or not though. We would have needed overtime to determine that.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
The difference tonight was that Toronto chooses to put up slow players like Gauthier and Martin on the ice while the Avs have 4 fast lines.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
man you CAN NOT lose a game in the central division. go for anything beyond a 2 game losing streak and its a unmitigated disaster

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Good game Leafs. I didn't find that any one player really stood out a lot but Matthews/Marner/Nylander all had brilliant flashes of play.

member 147413

Toronto was probably the most difficult game in this 10-game span. First team that could contain MacKinnon.
It’s nice to hear stuff like this. I thought the Leafs played well but made way too many mistakes. Too many unforced icings and too many missed coverages.

Rantanen is scary and 37 (I was at the game and couldn’t see the name) had a couple of nice shifts.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
It’s nice to hear stuff like this. I thought the Leafs played well but made way too many mistakes. Too many unforced icings and too many missed coverages.

Rantanen is scary and 37 (I was at the game and couldn’t see the name) had a couple of nice shifts.

37 is Compher. A lot to like in his game and Avs fans are quite excited about him.

Reactions: Chainshot

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Every time I've watched the Yotes in the last month they've been hard working. They are an underrated team with some skill. Should escape from the basement soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad