GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/16/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Downie has to be persona non grata right now in that dressing room. With the extra skater and 2 mins left, there's a pretty good chance the Pens tie that up.

Hopefully that'll teach Johnston to put Downie on the bench for the next shift following him being slighted by the refs. The only time he's taken stupid penalties for us have come right after he felt the refs had wronged him...and that was the worst possible time to do that.

He's been really good for a good while so I guess Johnston had grown to trust him more...but then he goes and does something like that. He's still been a real positive for this team overall, but that was just selfish.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Carcillo just drove Perreault from behind
What a piece of ****
Perreault hurt

Guess not drove
Just a vicious cross check across his arm

penguins2946*

Blake Comeau? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :help:

Comeau has actually been really good for us. He has complemented Malkin really well, and was on pace for 28 goals and 49 points before his injury.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Off-setting minors is such a terrible call. That should have been 5. Hope Perreault is okay but it didn't look good.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Blake Comeau? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :help:

To be fair, when he's on he's one of the best middle 6 wingers in the league. It's just weaksauce for someone to complain about Comeau not being dressed when you've got Malkin, Crosby and Letang healthy. It would be like if it were the other way around and Islander fans complained about missing Grabo.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Carcillo is an incredibly dumb player... Can someone fill me in on exactly what positives he actually brings to his team?

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Comeau has actually been really good for us. He has complemented Malkin really well, and was on pace for 28 goals and 49 points before his injury.

Yeah I know he's had a nice year, (although I'm sure aided a lot by being on Malkin's line) but the guy was acting as if him being gone was some major detriment to your team a la losing Crosby or something

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011

For sure! The games I saw him play he looked pretty good. He is not a bad player at all.

First Islander player with 4 goal game at home since 1992!
Isles held another team to 27 shots or less for the 12th straight game!!!

penguins2946*

Yeah I know he's had a nice year, (although I'm sure aided a lot by being on Malkin's line) but the guy was acting as if him being gone was some major detriment to your team a la losing Crosby or something

Yeah I agree, the Islanders were missing Grabovsky and Visnovsky as well. The injury excuse doesn't work here. It's the fact that the Islanders depth badly outplayed the Pens depth that caused the Isles to win.

For sure! The games I saw him play he looked pretty good. He is not a bad player at all.

He's averaging like 3 hits a game, and he's close to a 30 goal and 50 point pace. He's been absolutely great for us. I don't think it's sustainable, but Dupuis did end up putting up some solid numbers with Crosby and he was a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Yeah I agree, the Islanders were missing Grabovsky and Visnovsky as well. The injury excuse doesn't work here. It's the fact that the Islanders depth badly outplayed the Pens depth that caused the Isles to win.

He's averaging like 3 hits a game, and he's close to a 30 goal and 50 point pace. He's been absolutely great for us. I don't think it's sustainable, but Dupuis did end up putting up some solid numbers with Crosby and he was a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Yea, but people usually don't realize how physical Comeau can be.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Wow. Holtby can't stop a weak one timer and then lets in a soft 5 hole goal. All people will talk about is the shot into the pads where he was the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad