GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/26/2022 | 12 games today , with some early starts that i always hated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
1648357589616.png

Reactions: golffuul

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Edmonton could really use Tortorella to kick some asses on that team.

It would really be fascinating to see Torts coach this version of the Oilers.

Torts won't let forwards play unless they play defense.

None of the Oilers forwards play defense.

He might end up just pulling a Coach Norm Dale from Hoosiers and forfeiting every game after refusing to allow any Oilers forwards onto the ice.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The last time the Oilers forwards were committed to defense, Chris Pronger was their best player.

The one year in the entire cap era they commit to defense, they almost win a championship.

And then they decided to never do that again.

At this point, what sort of pride in the crest can some of these guys have by how they let their goalies and their defense take the brunt of the ire both from their management and the press when they aren't back in frame to even offer any support? There is no back checking pressure. There isn't anyone back to be an easier outlet for their defensemen. And I get that it isn't the Big Two's game, but there are 10 other forwards out there who should be completely embarrassed by how pathetic they are in slinking out of their responsibilities to their teammates. Absolutely f***ing pathetic.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
The last time the Oilers forwards were committed to defense, Chris Pronger was their best player.

The one year in the entire cap era they commit to defense, they almost win a championship.

And then they decided to never do that again.
The committed big money for Nurse who is a good #7dman on any team.

Aug 3, 2010
I really don't see Woodcroft as the coach next season.
He's done fine as a coach honestly, or at least better than Tippett which admittedly is a low bar.

The problem lies with his boss Holland and the personnel he's been given so far. He's not a coach that will carry a Cinderella team but he'll probably get to the playoffs with average rosters, though you have to wonder how successful his team would be if they didn't have at least one of Draisaitl or McDavid.

Reactions: Chainshot

Aug 3, 2010
When was the last time a team who played on a back-to-back won the second game on a 9-5 barnburner type of score?

Aug 3, 2010
Your so-called team barely beat the f***ing Oilers
Yeah but the Oilers have the two best scorers in the game and are at least fighting for a playoff spot. Montreal is MONTREAL and the Leafs, with the third or fourth best scorer in the game, LOST to that.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yeah but the Oilers have the two best scorers in the game and are at least fighting for a playoff spot. Montreal is MONTREAL and the Leafs, with the third or fourth best scorer in the game LOST to that.
Wow the Oilers have TWO stat padders

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
When was the last time a team who played on a back-to-back won the second game on a 9-5 barnburner type of score?
I feel like the Yotes had a crazy back to back around when Schmaltz was going off. I'll check the details though.

EDIT: wasn't even close to being back to back.

Reactions: 1989
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad