GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/04/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekz

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 8, 2007
New York
I think all goals reviewable would be terrible as well. One coach's review for a goal.

More than anything I would prefer the league continues to crack down on diving, and I don't know how they'd do it but somehow improve the competency of the officiating.

To me it's not so much about mistakes as it is the officials don't make calls consistently throughout a game.

I am interested to know your view on why all goals shouldn't be reviewable. Goals are the most important thing to the game, missed calls/wrong calls etc shouldn't decide a goal.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
I guess this is the Ranger bashing thread. I don't know what they did to Detroit to have such vitriol but it's whatever. Can't complain about getting a point, Howard was terrific.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I actually didn't watch the game, and I can't stand Eddy due to the fact that he hates my team. :laugh:

The Wings are pretty predictable.

He clearly hates Detroit, too, but that's understandable from a Chicago homer.

The "subtle interference" bit is a myth. Detroit's trademark puck possession style of play frustrates teams, and they look for any excuse to overcome it. It seems like "subtle interference" is what's popular these days.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Howard was impressive as was Talbot, good game for goaltending

Refereeing left a lot to be desired for both sides it seems, but that happens

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I am interested to know your view on why all goals shouldn't be reviewable. Goals are the most important thing to the game, missed calls/wrong calls etc shouldn't decide a goal.

I just think it would slow down the game too much. There have been some horrendous screw ups on goals, but the refs do get the goal calls right most of the time. One coaches challenge would take care of most of their mistakes.

In a sport where you only get one time out and don't even stop the game to change players, I just wouldn't want to wait around after every single goal.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
He clearly hates Detroit, too, but that's understandable from a Chicago homer.

The "subtle interference" bit is a myth. Detroit's trademark puck possession style of play frustrates teams, and they look for any excuse to overcome it. It seems like "subtle interference" is what's popular these days.

I like Detroit's other trademark better, Chicken winging the opposition player's sticks. Always see a couple of those a game anytime I watch them. :laugh:

I don't really have much of an issue with the Wings on the whole to be completely honest.

Nekz

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 8, 2007
New York
I just think it would slow down the game too much. There have been some horrendous screw ups on goals, but the refs do get the goal calls right most of the time. One coaches challenge would take care of most of their mistakes.

In a sport where you only get one time out and don't even stop the game to change players, I just wouldn't want to wait around after every single goal.

Fair enough. I am on the other side of the spectrum with the whole "slows the game down" mentality.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Howard was impressive as was Talbot, good game for goaltending

Refereeing left a lot to be desired for both sides it seems, but that happens

Agreed.

I think the call on Stepan was as soft as some of the ones on Detroit. And there were several missed calls based on what little standard the refs did set.

It was such a good game it's a little unfortunate that it came down to a PP that spilled into OT. Though Nash had a goal on his stick earlier and somehow missed a wide open net.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Typical game in Detroit.

As Kevin Weeks once commented: "Something always happens at the Joe with the refs and it always goes the Wings way."

Hard not to laugh at the uncalled 8 men on the ice or constant gliding with the stick in the opposition's mid-section.

Happy with a point.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I like Detroit's other trademark better, Chicken winging the opposition player's sticks. Always see a couple of those a game anytime I watch them. :laugh:

I don't really have much of an issue with the Wings on the whole to be completely honest.

Oh come on. All teams do that, every one. Your Bruins aren't exactly angels on the ice.:naughty:

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Typical game in Detroit.

As Kevin Weeks once commented: "Something always happens at the Joe with the refs and it always goes the Wings way."

Hard not to laugh at the uncalled 8 men on the ice or constant gliding with the stick in the opposition's mid-section.

Happy with a point.

Kevin Weeks apparently doesn't watch very many Wings games, then.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Typical game in Detroit.

Happy with a point.

Yep. The only reason Detroit has ever won a game is because the league loves them. :biglaugh:

How about NY having more power plays? What about Quincey getting high sticked with no call? So salty, haha.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Typical game in Detroit.

Happy with a point.

I'm guessing Weekes said that sometime in June of 2002.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Agreed the Rangers played better but I thought the better scoring chances were had by the Wings.

Really? Hmm.

I think they had some great chances around the net, but overall I thought the Rangers had more quality chances. I was getting annoyed at some of the perimeter shots by the Wings though so maybe it was confirmation bias on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad