GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/04/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Agreed the Rangers played better but I thought the better scoring chances were had by the Wings.

i don't think people know how the wings play this season. fans assume since their team out shoots the wings, they dominated. the wings haven't been shooting much at all this season. more like waiting for every shot to be a high quality chance.

that's not to say the rangers had the better of the game, but not as bad as ranger fans seem. its a typical wings game. a lot of possession, forechecking and high quality chances. they pick and choose instead of just shoot from everywhere. i thought it was a very good game between two very good teams. it even had goaltending, which makes the great game complete.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Really? Hmm.

I think they had some great chances around the net, but overall I thought the Rangers had more quality chances. I was getting annoyed at some of the perimeter shots by the Wings though so maybe it was confirmation bias on my part.

I felt like Howard faced a ton of shots but Talbot made the more difficult saves. These teams are pretty close though, except for the fact that the Rangers first three lines can score.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Does anyone know if theres an AV Babcock history? Every time we play the wings he talks about them being masters of "legal interference"

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Does anyone know if theres an AV Babcock history? Every time we play the wings he talks about them being masters of "legal interference"

I'm guessing he's basing this on his experience coaching the Canucks and playing the Red Wings when they were in the Western Conference.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Nah. Weekes said it like 4 or 5 years back on NHL Network or NBC. Not sure, but it might've been around the Detroit-Pittsburgh finals.

I don't understand why Wings fans are defensive about it. You have a really good team, coached to bend the rules just enough.

The refs aren't going to call something if it happens constantly, especially in Detroit. They have a tendency to diminish the disparity in PPs, even if one team is committing most of them.

It's on the refs, not the team. Good strategy.

The uncalled 8 men on the ice was hilarious though.:laugh:

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Nah. Weekes said it like 4 or 5 years back on NHL Network or NBC. Not sure, but it might've been around the Detroit-Pittsburgh finals.

I don't understand why Wings fans are defensive about it. You have a really good team, coached to bend the rules just enough.

The refs aren't going to call something if it happens constantly, especially in Detroit. They have a tendency to diminish the disparity in PPs, even if one team is committing most of them.

It's on the refs, not the team. Good strategy.

The uncalled 8 men on the ice was hilarious though.:laugh:

Weeks thought the refs were favoring the Wings during the 08 and 09 Finals? :laugh::laugh:

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Weeks thought the refs were favoring the Wings during the 08 and 09 Finals? :laugh::laugh:

I'm not sure it was then. It just stuck in my head and was definitely when he was an analyst.

I definitely thought Pitts got away with a ridiculous amount of stuff in both finals. However, I wanted Detroit to win, so I thought maybe it was my bias.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
i don't think people know how the wings play this season. fans assume since their team out shoots the wings, they dominated. the wings haven't been shooting much at all this season. more like waiting for every shot to be a high quality chance.

that's not to say the rangers had the better of the game, but not as bad as ranger fans seem. its a typical wings game. a lot of possession, forechecking and high quality chances. they pick and choose instead of just shoot from everywhere. i thought it was a very good game between two very good teams. it even had goaltending, which makes the great game complete.

You're description of the Wings there also matches how the Rangers play. So the fact that the Rangers took so many shots should mean they got the better of the play.

That being said, I thought it was a very even game. Both teams had the better of the play at different points. Great goaltending on both sides. Fun game.

I'll take the point. Rangers back in 1st.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
You're description of the Wings there also matches how the Rangers play. So the fact that the Rangers took so many shots should mean they got the better of the play.

That being said, I thought it was a very even game. Both teams had the better of the play at different points. Great goaltending on both sides. Fun game.

I'll take the point. Rangers back in 1st.

i already said that didn't i? saying the rangers had the better of the play.

also, i think the wings average somewhere around 26-28 a game. im sure the rangers average more than that.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
NYR vs Detroit was playoff hockey...Howard really stepped up for Detroit. NYR had so many chances here tonight and should have pulled out a win, but alas Detroit came through in OT. Hard to handle 4 on 3 for three minutes essentially from the end of the game into OT against the best team in NHL on PP.

But I really loved alot of what I saw from NYR tonight

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
i already said that didn't i? saying the rangers had the better of the play.

also, i think the wings average somewhere around 26-28 a game. im sure the rangers average more than that.

2 more shots per game. Of course, that's the difference between 4th and 20th.

The Rangers create a **** ton of chances. They wait for good ones, but they don't have to wait long.

And I wasn't arguing with you. I was reinforcing your point.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Typical game in Detroit.

As Kevin Weeks once commented: "Something always happens at the Joe with the refs and it always goes the Wings way."

Hard not to laugh at the uncalled 8 men on the ice or constant gliding with the stick in the opposition's mid-section.

Happy with a point.

Apparently every single Wings win is because of the interference.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Refs blow another goal. Everberg pushed into Fleury but refs still called no goal. Doubt it'll affect the result of the game though.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Crosby still without any statistical marks. So shots, no hits, no points. Faceoff at 32%.

There is definitely something wrong with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad